[Tokens] cubeblue's 6,400+ custom token images

Threads for tokens/libraries of tokens made by MapTool users and provided for other users to make use of. Anything macro-related should be in "Drop-In Macro Resources".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

cubeblue
Cave Troll

[Tokens] cubeblue's 6,400+ custom token images

Post by cubeblue »

I'm finally getting around to sharing my massive token collection. All of these were "hand-made" in tokentool and share the same standard style, frame, and size standards. I've scoured the web for years, literally, adding to this collection and I continue to add to it every few months or so.

As of now (version 1.0) there are 6,465 tokens divided into one big folder for all monsters and non-PC races. Tokens for traditional PC races are in the characters/ subdirectory and then divided into specific folders like human/, elf/, halfling/, &c. Within the race folders everything is divided into female and male file names, like human-female101.png and human-male602.png for example (except in the case of warforged).

I've cast a fairly wide net as far as what I consider potential PC races, though there are some notable exceptions which you can still find examples of within the greater top-level directory.

These tokens are 100px square for medium sized creatures, if you use a grid size other than 100px, and I realize many people do, these should still look fine but will probably look best at grid sizes of 50px or 100px. Large creatures are generally sized to 200px and huge creatures are at 300px, larger creatures at 400px and I believe that's as big as they get, it's been a long time since I've made anything larger than 300px.

In many cases I've used as accurate file naming and creature sizing as possible (creature sizes largely based on Pathfinder and D&D standards). Several creatures I've made guesses or just tried to give them semi descriptive names and took a guess at the size I'd probably use the creature at. Sizing down a large or huge or creature usually looks fine, sizing things up can make them look jagged, but they're generally still pretty good looking if I do say so myself.

Hopefully this sharing link works, the current file size is around 340 MB: cubeblue-fantasy-token-images-v1.0.zip
EDIT: link update: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Here's an example of what they look like:
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: [Tokens] cubeblue's 6,400+ custom token images

Post by RPTroll »

Yowsa! That's a lot of tokens.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Thanks again. I'm always looking for more options for tokens. I usually just grab a random image and apply my own template in PSP 9 because many images I have from other libraries are kind of "meh". But these look pretty cool. That and they're not all labeled properly to find the right token. Thanks for your contribution.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Thank you sir! Puts my collection of 155 tokens to shame!

And very nice work, great selection of artwork and clipping. And btw, if you like using TokenTool, you may like my updated version. (official version should be coming out soon as well with same updates).

Some advantages are:

o I upped the possible token size to 512x512 (if you have a nice overlay).
o You can now save as either a .png or .rptok (token file) and drag as either as well
o Defaults name to image file name (in case you have base images named correctly, still better than token.drag)
o Displays the default name and can be changed right in TokenTool
o If you save as a .rptok token file, it will automatically put the full image used (uncropped) as the Portrait image and set the PC Name and GM name to what ever you saved the name as.

Hopefully it can make life simpler for some so we can all spend more time gaming and less time prepping!
-Jamz

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

WUT? That's awesome. Will grab it. Thanks.
& So Forth a blog about dungeons & dragons & so forth. With a particular eye for virtual table-top play, 5e, and OSR themes.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Can you point it to a campaign file and select base values by token type. :)
<ducking>
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

RPTroll wrote:Can you point it to a campaign file and select base values by token type. :)
<ducking>
Ha!

Yes. Soon. My framework, such as it is, is incoming. :)

cubeblue
Cave Troll

Post by cubeblue »

Could someone with mod power crosspost this to the appropriate sub-forum?

Edit: thanks ;)

maured
Kobold

Post by maured »

hello

the link is broken, you can bring it back online ?

thanks

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Have you tried logging in?

I also have many of them mirrored here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 14#p196960

CptClyde
Kobold

Post by CptClyde »

Great job, a lot of work must have gone into that package. But neither download links are working now :o(.
Dang it I must...get..tokens...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Well, that sucks. I've been using Gamefront for a long time. Apparently they either were bought out or changed their site format and got rid of all the downloads. Going to need to change my signature.

edit: Apparently they closed April 30th, 2016. They moved the file server but I tried to log in with my account, but I have no access. I tried doing a search on the site with no luck. I no longer have the original file.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

These should be the ones. I don't have em in zip but google drive will zip them for you and download.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
-Jamz

lsm510
Kobold

Post by lsm510 »

I'm a new user looking for tokens to use for a Weird West campaign (Deadlands d20). Gunslingers, Indian braves/shamans, card sharks, saloon girls etc? Made a few of my own tokens so far, but thought I'd see if the cache already exists.

KahunaKahuna
Kobold

Post by KahunaKahuna »

You are without a doubt the best, I was just starting to build a token library and it was getting tedious as hell and I only had about 215 done. You rock to the stars. :D :D :D

Return to “Token Libraries”