Silent Frame Form Execution.

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Ayesyn
Kobold

Silent Frame Form Execution.

Post by Ayesyn »

Hopefully there is a way to accomplish this, but a search over the forums and the various functions has not helped me figure this one out.

On a high level, what I am attempting to accomplish is using multiple forms within a frame to select an ability, then the qualities unique to that ability during a roll. Pretty much everything works fine, except there is an empty line entered into the Chatbox when the first form is submitted.

In short, I want to be able to submit an html form without causing output in chat. I would usually use the H roll option, but in this case it also prevents the html from appearing in the frame.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Silent Frame Form Execution.

Post by aliasmask »

Posting some code would be helpful, but you probably have a comment outside of the frame code segment. You can either delete it or put the comment in a statement like so:

Code: Select all

[H: '<!-- comment -->']
What I really recommend is using Wiki: defineFunction() (UDF) and turn the output off. And for the form process macro, set the output to "none".

Bone White
Great Wyrm

Post by Bone White »

Ensure that the output part of your macrolinktext on the form process is set to "none" not anything else. (the second parameter).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I have a lib token starter kit here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 31#p255459

It automatically sets all your macros to UDFs with no output and has a function for output with additional options. You can read the token notes for details.

Ayesyn
Kobold

Post by Ayesyn »

Bone White wrote:Ensure that the output part of your macrolinktext on the form process is set to "none" not anything else. (the second parameter).
This was what got me where I needed to be with regards to this specific macro. That's what I get for copy-pasting code out from a tutorial without fully understanding the arguments for the function. Thank you!

I had not looked at the defineFunction element before. This looks remarkably powerful and will help me streamline a lot of the work I still have to do on the framework. Thank you for that guidance, aliasmask.

Return to “Macros”