Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 5/31/12]

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

bubblobill
Giant

On code folding in Notepad++

Post by bubblobill »

For those who just want the code to fold without manually setting fold points, I found that I got acceptable usability by altering the "Folding in code 1 style:" Set Open: to { and Close: to }.

Since just about everything bulky resides inside code blocks with {}, it helps keep things manageable.

Not ideal, but good for now.

Bubblo
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: On code folding in Notepad++

Post by aliasmask »

bubblobill wrote:For those who just want the code to fold without manually setting fold points, I found that I got acceptable usability by altering the "Folding in code 1 style:" Set Open: to { and Close: to }.

Since just about everything bulky resides inside code blocks with {}, it helps keep things manageable.

Not ideal, but good for now.

Bubblo
To clarify the above, under View | User-defined Dialog - select maptool and under the Folder & Default tab you can set the open/close for blocks. By my default, I have @@ and !! for open and close. You can add { and } for another level of folding. Just separate with a space in textbox. I'm not sure if bubblobill is talking about the maptool config file, but you can do it manually as described above.

Generally speaking, I try to avoid code that is longer than one screen and with proper indentation of the code I never really found the need for adding more folds. I use the @@ and !! for hiding macros I'm not working on and will place a bookmark on the name of macro if I make any changes to it.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 5/31/

Post by wolph42 »

Olla senor.

It appears that the choice of

Code: Select all

%0A%0A!!%0A
as delimiters brings some issues into the MOTE macro editor. The mote parser has to treat the linebreak differently then the ! character and thus they wont make into the regex parser (as a whole). Hence they've currently used just

Code: Select all

!!
which you can understand did not work so well, when I fed it all the code of the bag of tricks...

The question now is:

is the !! something internal of np++ and you can't do anything about it
OR
is it your choice and can it be easily changed? If so: how?

edit: I already notices that they're user defined. So that leaves the 'how' do I change that and what would you suggest?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If you're not using notepad, or rpedit then you don't need !! at all. But if you want to change the ending delimiter for a block in Notepad++ then go to View | User Defined Dialog, select maptool. Then at the bottom of Folder Close Keyword Settings change it to something else like ^^. This is really only used for NP++ and actually could be omitted from the rpedit parser. But this will effect the ctrl-shift-C macro for copying a block of text. But if you import the ^^, then the rpedit parser will leave it in the code. You can change your version if you do a search for !! and change it to whatever you use.

All the rpedit parser needs is @@macroName which is the original format used by CiF as seen here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 70#p178685

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Thanks for this great resource Aliasmask, it's been very handy when developing frameworks.

FYI the individual download links in your OP seem dead (they are the ones pointing to Sugarsync). The .zip file at the very hand is still valid though, but I don't know if it is as up to date as the individual files.

Thanks !

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

The Download locations are no longer valid. Do you have a new hosting location where I can get this cool looking stuff for my Notepad++?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

dantarith wrote:The Download locations are no longer valid. Do you have a new hosting location where I can get this cool looking stuff for my Notepad++?

The very last link of the OP should include all the files you need in a zip file.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

This is kind of out dates with the newer version of notepad++.

Try this thread and download: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25531

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

I must have had a corrupted download. I removed the org. files and downloaded again and this time it worked. Well kinda. I had to go to the original post to get the maptool Theme file as there wasn't one in the new zip pkg.

Anyway thanks :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

theme isn't really needed, but when put in to the root exe folder speeds up really large files with collapsible folders. Not sure why.

Cryotech
Cave Troll

Post by Cryotech »

Aliasmask you're the shiz!! lol.

I LOVE this Notepad++ add-on! I typically don't use NotePad++ for my programming need but having spent nearly 4 hours trying to find an issue in one of my macros, NOT to use this would be insane.

Again, thanks for such as awesome and totally useful tool!

bobifle
Giant

Re: Notepad++ Maptool Text Editor config file [UPDATE: 5/31/12]

Post by bobifle »

All the notepad links are dead.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

First post bottom is a zip with all the files.

bobifle
Giant

Post by bobifle »

Ok thanks, missed that. You should def bump the zip file at the top of the post.

Return to “User Creations”