haven't been here in ages - can someone update me on where Maptool is

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
kzintzi_2
Kobold

haven't been here in ages - can someone update me on where Maptool is

Post by kzintzi_2 »

Good Morning All

I was somewhat active on the forum about 4 years ago but life got in the way (and I've moved email addresses so had to go with a new username), but I've now got some time to get back into D&D...

is it possible for people to update me on where maptool is at? is it still a WIP, is there a new version, etc.. I've got the latest copy of 1.4 from the DL site, but I don't even know where to start looking for new features, etc (adding VBL to images is new thing for me). what I do remember works and is still awesome though :D

aliasmask
Deity

Re: haven't been here in ages - can someone update me on where Maptool is

Post by aliasmask »

Not a lot has changed except for the launcher. Well, there are a couple of things like iso tokens with a new image type for different images on token facing. There are some VBL functions, auto-resize to help with maps with grids on them. Some new table functions so you can create and update MT tables. But there's a new 1.5 version coming out next week(?) or at least very soon. MT 2.0 is being developed with a release goal of this summer, but that's not official afaik. 1.5 is mostly bug fixes and merging of Nerps developed macros.

aliasmask
Deity

Post by aliasmask »

kzintzi_2 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 pm
I was somewhat active on the forum about 4 years ago but life got in the way (and I've moved email addresses so had to go with a new username)
You could log in to your old account and change the email address under account settings.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

kzintzi_2 wrote:
I was somewhat active on the forum about 4 years ago but life got in the way (and I've moved email addresses so had to go with a new username), but I've now got some time to get back into D&D...

is it possible for people to update me on where maptool is at? is it still a WIP, is there a new version, etc.. I've got the latest copy of 1.4 from the DL site, but I don't even know where to start looking for new features, etc (adding VBL to images is new thing for me). what I do remember works and is still awesome though :D
Sounds like you used MT through the 1.3 version.

1.4 came out about 3.5 years ago, so looking at the Announcement threads for those editions will provide the quickest and most relevant updates:

1.4.0.0 9/15
1.4.0.1 4/16
1.4.0.2 5/16
1.4.0.3 5/16
1.4.0.4 5/16
1.4.0.5 6/16

As you can see, the entire run of the "stable" 1.4 versions were released in the span of 9 months (most within 2 months) about 3+ years ago.

Since then there were a couple Developer Versions you can read about, too:

1.4.1.6 6/16
1.4.1.7 [broken]
1.4.1.8 8/17
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

aliasmask wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 am
kzintzi_2 wrote:
I was somewhat active on the forum about 4 years ago but life got in the way (and I've moved email addresses so had to go with a new username)
You could log in to your old account and change the email address under account settings.
He probably doesn't have his password for the old account. And without having access to his old email address he wouldn't be able to generate a new one to get into the account and change the email address. ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

aliasmask
Deity

Post by aliasmask »

I remember all my passwords from 1995 ;)

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

kzintzi_2 wrote:
is it possible for people to update me on where maptool is at? is it still a WIP, is there a new version, etc..
There should be a new release very soon. Will have a feature list.

Return to “MapTool”