Hello long time no see

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

venger
Giant

Hello long time no see

Post by venger »

Hello
Not exactly a new guy, just haven't haunted the forum here in a long while but long enough that I'm a stranger
Thank you for the FB updates. That's how I learned about 1.5.1
I haven't used the forum in a while and going along fine in 1.4.0 but
I'm loving the 1.5.1 version new drawing object manipulation functionality.
For me that's a huge aid to mapping.
Just wanted to get that out
Like an AA meeting , hello I'm Rick and I'm a gamer.
From louisiana. That's a tough thing let me tell you.
Anyway
Im interested to learn more about frameworks, particularly for 5e. I want to see if that could help on gameday for a f2f table top group.
But I don't want to break maptool. And I'm OCD about reading before trying
The only coding experience I have is writing visual basic apps to help on gameday
so spoon fed noob links and intros would be gratefully explored to get caught up before I bite the bullet

Thanks for the tool I use to help make our game day better!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Hello long time no see

Post by Full Bleed »

venger wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am
Hello
Not exactly a new guy, just haven't haunted the forum here in a long while but long enough that I'm a stranger
Thank you for the FB updates. That's how I learned about 1.5.1
I haven't used the forum in a while and going along fine in 1.4.0 but
Most of those juicy upgrades have been hiding in Jamz' Nerps for a couple years... but they've now unleashed the beast!

Even better, I think they did it to aid in migration to a 2.0 in the not so distant future... or so the little birds are whispering.
Like an AA meeting , hello I'm Rick and I'm a gamer.
From louisiana. That's a tough thing let me tell you.
I believe you.

Been a couple few times... nice place to visit... but... ;)
Anyway
Im interested to learn more about frameworks, particularly for 5e. I want to see if that could help on gameday for a f2f table top group.
But I don't want to break maptool. And I'm OCD about reading before trying
The only coding experience I have is writing visual basic apps to help on gameday
so spoon fed noob links and intros would be gratefully explored to get caught up before I bite the bullet
5e frameworks and related user creations have their own sub forum:

https://forums.rptools.net/viewforum.php?f=85

The most popular is the one Paul Strait shared. It never struck me as being particularly complete... and there were some others that threatened to come along and make a splash... but none have. I think 5e came out at a time when MT development was falling off and other VTTs (like Roll 20 and Fantasy Grounds) were coming on (with more official support), so despite 5e's huge popularity it hasn't received the love here that other systems have.

Maybe a MT resurgence will help change that. :)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

venger wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am
If you mean my Draw Explorer stuff, thank you. Its always nice to know that something you have added helps.
:D

venger
Giant

Post by venger »

Jagged,
many thanks to you for your work.
Your new tools for manipulating drawings are a huge help in drawing, merging, renaming and changing layers making maps like towers and multi level dungeons on same map, nice, much easier to manage.
I will refrain from begging for more lol you prob have a list of requests. I will look forward to any nice toys you have in mind for us
But yeah awesomeness, and much appreciated.

Full Bleed
thanks for the link and I'm glad mt is still alive and indeed going strong. Wow a 2.0 in the offing. Nice
I'm even thinking of trying that bag of tricks thing I saw.
Looks like some cool functionality

Y'all have a great day

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

venger wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:40 am
I will refrain from begging for more lol you prob have a list of requests. I will look forward to any nice toys you have in mind for us
Feel free to make a post or posts in the Feature Requests forum.
But there "probably" won't be many more Draw Explorer features until we have moved over to JavaFX.
:)

Return to “General Discussion”