two instances of Library? And other questions

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

wisewolf
Cave Troll

two instances of Library? And other questions

Post by wisewolf »

Hi there, I would like to know, is there a way to have two instances of Library tab opened? So I can have my token folder loaded, and on the other Library my assets.

This way it would be so much easier to manage situations. I tend to have my tabs hidden on the left side and it would be really useful.

Also, is there a way to save the current created windows (for example, a weapons catalog) so it is always loaded when I open the campaign? I also put those windows on the left side hidden like a Library window/tab.

wisewolf
Cave Troll

Re: two instances of Library? And other questions

Post by wisewolf »

Oh I forgot to ask, it would also be nice if Maptool were able to memorize the windows size modifications, for example when you use the drawing tool and change the filler color with a texture. Every time you open this window, it resets to the initial small size, so I always have to resize it every time I change a texture.

I know it is a suggestion because right now It is not implemented. At least it is not working on my side.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Library Tab. I assume you're talking about the resource library frame. There can only be one instance of that, but I usually don't use it and just use File Explorer to get my images. You can see more, it has a search function and you can have multiple windows of it open.

Window positions are saved between instances if you don't set temporary=1. But you'll have to open the window on your own either manually or through a macro during the onCampaignLoad part of start up.

Color pallet settings are not saved, so you'll have to set for each instance of MapTool.

wisewolf
Cave Troll

Post by wisewolf »

Good points. I will take a look at the temporary option. It would be nice an option to attach the window to the side when opening.

Anyway there is still the problem with the drawing tool window resize. It would be nice to have that in mind in developing plans.

I attach a picture to make it clear. I suppose there is no option to save the size of this window.
Attachments
Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (523.16 KiB) Viewed 739 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

there might, didn't test it on *that* panel BUT with quite a few panels: if you resize them to your liking and then close it by double clicking on the UPPER LEFT icon, the size is stored. This for example works quite well for the macro editor (which use to be quite a PITA to constantly resize it).

wisewolf
Cave Troll

Post by wisewolf »

It does work!! Wonderful :D

Return to “General Discussion”