Stripped down version of my campaign file

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Elyre_Elan
Kobold

Stripped down version of my campaign file

Post by Elyre_Elan »

Hello Everyone;

This has probably been addressed, but my searching skills lacked the capability to find such a topic.

I've been working with maptools for a couple of years now and my Pathfinder campaign file is littered with half-baked scripts and whatnot that I have been working on. Have some production stuff that my players use frequently and some general garbage that has been tossed by the wayside over our playing time.

The issue is that I have a couple of players that would like to use the campaign "framework" (term used rather loosely) to build their own campaigns for other friends, kids, etc. I would love to put out a stripped down version of my framework that we can all contribute and build on, but would prefer not to include my maps and Wilderlands material that I've infused over the years.

What is the best way you have found to strip down your campaign to just the basics for functionality without including campaign "color"? (Hopefully the question makes sense...). If not, I'll try and elaborate.

Thank-you .

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Stripped down version of my campaign file

Post by aliasmask »

Typically you have a libraries map (hidden to player) and a generic landing page for player tokens (not hidden). You can delete all the other maps. Save before you do this, and save as a different name after you do this.

Elyre_Elan
Kobold

Post by Elyre_Elan »

Thank-you, aliasmask;

I agree that should cut down on a lot of stuff. Would you put the entire campaign file to a GIT repository, or would you break out the various macros individually?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

A lib token is a collection of macros. You can make one of those. You can check out my YT video on some macro writing tools and a generic lib:token I created for new users.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smIbGlp5hkM

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25531

Return to “General Discussion”