Syrinscape integration

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
xavram
Dragon

Syrinscape integration

Post by xavram »

I could have sworn this was as simple as checking off the Syrinscape box in preferences and then creating a macro like so...

[r: REST.get('https://www.syrinscape.com/online/front ... SYRINSCAPE')]

But when I run this, I get...

Access is denied for the "REST.get" function. Enable access via Preferences option.

Is this NOT talking about the "Turn on Syrinscape INtegration" checkbox? I have closed and re-started Maptool, same issue each time.

Phergus
Deity

Re: Syrinscape integration

Post by Phergus »

The Syrinscape checkbox in Preferences is for talking to the application not the Syrinscape Online functionality.

MapTool_Preferences#Sounds_Tab

You must turn on Macro Permissions -> Enable External Macro Access on the Application tab. Also covered on the same page linked above.

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

Thank you, its that checkbox I was missing!

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

So one thing I did notice, in playing Syrinscape through the REST methods....it does not seem like the user has control over the volumne with the slider or mute button in Maptool. Does this not apply to Syrincscape? or is that just tied to your normal system volume? That seems kind of a mess, as if a player doesn't want to hear the sounds and he mutes that, then he's muted the whole system...inconvenient if you're playing online, over discord!

Or have I missed something else?

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

2nd thing...so while I can play sounds via calls in Maptool, my players when connected online don't hear anything.

Is there a step I'm missing? Do they all have to be running the Syrinscape Online tool and, somehow, connect to me?

One tutorial makes this sound very straightforward, but I'm not sure its accounting for remote players.

Return to “MapTool”