Macro Help

Developer discussion regarding MapTool 1.4

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Posting now open to all registered forum users.
motara
Kobold

Macro Help

Post by motara »

I use MapTools as a VTT with all my friends at the table...normally. Obviously, I'm running virtual games currently. I know MapTools has a very robust system when it comes to macros, but what I'm looking for is a macro for Pathfinder that rolls an attack and damage. When the macro is run, I want a dialog box to pop up so the player can add the attack bonus and the damage bonus, hit OK, and the macro outputs the results into chat.

In Roll20, I'd use the following line:

/me lunges with his rapier and hits AC [[1d20+?{attack|0}]] for [[1d6+?{damage|0}]] points of damage.

I have no idea how to replicate this in MapTools and my Google-fu has come up short. I don't how to code/script, but I can copy/paste like a madman. Please help!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Macro Help

Post by wolph42 »

try this:

/me lunges with his rapier and hits AC [1d20+attackMod] for [1d6+damageMod] points of damage.

when you run this you will get two requests, one for attackMod and one for damageMod. You can also setup a playertoken with properties (e.g. attackMod and damageMod) and then when 'apply for selected token' is checked in the macro box, these two values are drawn from the token automatically (other names are allowed obviously, just don't use spaces).

I would expect though that there is at least one pathfinder campaign file out there? Have you looked?

next to that I would suggest that you had a look at the first link in my sig :D

motara
Kobold

Re: Macro Help

Post by motara »

Thanks wolph42. I was making this waaaaay more difficult than it was. For some reason, I got tunnel vision on trying to get input () to work and I couldn't figure it out. This is so much simpler and elegant than what I was trying.

Return to “MapTool 1.4”