Open sourcing DiceTool?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

ZenCorrosion
Kobold

Open sourcing DiceTool?

Post by ZenCorrosion »

I know that not many people use it, and it is not really supported, but I find DiceTool useful and fun in certain circumstances. I think it's great that MapTool is on GitHub now and was wondering if the source for DiceTool could also be opened up?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Open sourcing DiceTool?

Post by Full Bleed »

Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

ZenCorrosion
Kobold

Post by ZenCorrosion »

Ah, cool, thank you!

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

FYI, I am in the process of building Dicetool with JavaFX. The hold up is the java version of JavaFX and the build process.... IN theory that is going to be resolved by Java 14 in which case I will work with the other devs to figure out a build process for DiceTool, check that in and create a build.

I have a few other plans for DiceTool but am kind of stuck until those two huge issues are overcome.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “DiceTool”