Map Making

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
ziltmilt
Dragon

Map Making

Post by ziltmilt »

The drawing tools in Maptool are intuitive and easy to use. Seems to me that Maptool is the perfect app to use for creating dungeon maps, whether or not you're using the VTT capabilities. It's especially useful if you're trying to create a map in the style of classic modules from the 1980s.

Agree / disagree ? The only problem I've encountered with this, is if my map image is too large and Maptool has trouble exporting as an image file.

Phergus
Deity

Re: Map Making

Post by Phergus »

Plenty of folks do create maps entirely within MapTool. Getting an Export can be challenging sometimes but can usually be done.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

What would you recommend for keying the map? The markers are a nice way to have area descriptions embedded in the map, but for me, I'd also like to have numbers visible right on the "page". Drawing text is an option, but I was never a fan of how the text size stayed constant no matter the level of zoom.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

There is a set of number and letter markers available that can be added to the Resource Library in MapTool. File -> Add Resource to Library and select my marker pack under the red gear icon.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Phergus ...

These are AWESOME! Thank you again!!

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Glad you find them useful. :)

Return to “MapTool”