Lines on menus

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Crimin
Kobold

Lines on menus

Post by Crimin »

Last night we played with 1.6.1 for the first time and one of my friends had an issue where there seems to be lines or crosshatching all over his Maptool menus. We are all on Win 10 running 1.6.1 and he's the only one who saw this. A reboot after the install didn't change anything.

He can run 1.4 with no trouble. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas that can help him out?

Pictures attached aren't great but show some difference. Apparently was a great enough difference in person to be really annoying.
Attachments
1.6.jpg
1.6.jpg (338.86 KiB) Viewed 334 times
1.4.jpg
1.4.jpg (465.87 KiB) Viewed 334 times

bubblobill
Giant

Re: Lines on menus

Post by bubblobill »

I'm wondering if this is a scaling or graphics card issue.
Try messing with Advanced Options for graphics card bits:
  • Disable Direct3D Pipeline
  • Enable OpenGL Pipeline
in Edit>Preferences>Startup
If it is a scaling issue you will need to fiddle around with the settings in Win 10. Pretty sure there are posts about how to play with those.
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

Crimin
Kobold

Re: Lines on menus

Post by Crimin »

I'll have him check those out.

Return to “MapTool”