[Solved] Fog of war resets itself now and then

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
DaSt
Kobold

[Solved] Fog of war resets itself now and then

Post by DaSt »

Hi,

I've setting up my first campaign with a tabletop screen for my players so i'm playing around with maptool.

I've got a simple house map with several rooms and i set up VBL to block view in each room. I set vision to day and activate fog of war.
I'm moving the player tokens myself on my maptool server instance while the players are watching on a maptool client intance running on the same PC.

Thing is when i move the token in a first room it does reveal the FOW. Then i move to another now open room the fow there is revealed while in the first room FOW is now greyed out. If i move one more time the second room is greyed out since the token is not there anymore but in the first room the FOW reset completely, leaving only a black square.

How can i make it so what has been revealed stay revealed but just greyed out ?

Thx =D
Last edited by DaSt on Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phergus
Deity

Re: Fog of war resets itself now and then

Post by Phergus »

Are you using a framework you downloaded?

That sounds like you are running some framework that is trying to only expose the currently visible area as tokens move.

Without intervention via macros, previously exposed areas will stay exposed unless you use the Ctrl-Shift-O (expose only current visible) option.

DaSt
Kobold

Post by DaSt »

Hi,

I've had this particular problem since the beginning, without any framework.

I added bag of tricks afterwards for teleporting options but it didnt activate those issues they were already there.

DaSt
Kobold

Post by DaSt »

Upon looking up what a framework is, nope i dont use any.

I just installed a 1.7.0 instance.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

just to be sure, in the BoT, in the settings (of the BoT) 4th tab: toggles; make sure that 'restore FoW' is unchecked. Cause that does exactly what you describe.

DaSt
Kobold

Post by DaSt »

Hi,

I unchecked that option and the problem went away. So i thank you =D

Though i've been playing with BoT for a week but had my issue for like two weeks :/

Anyway, solved :)

Return to “MapTool”