Overlays.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Overlays.

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:42 am
-And the range finder seems inaccurate against large+ tokens when approaching from all quadrants except (-x,y). Example below.
the issue with that is that we look at the centre of the token NOT the edge. so with large(r) tokens you can have an offset. We *could* try to do an edge to edge calculation but I'd much more prefer a centre to centre, this also omits the issue with assymmetrical tokens that are rotated. Next to that it would require yet another layer of calculations...
How about the option of just subtracting 1*Distance Per Cell from anything that's in the other three quadrants for the purpose of the info displayed? It seems counter-intuitive to have the detector giving distance information that doesn't match up to how MT calculates distances (i.e. "The detector says they're not in range, but my attack macro says they are!")

Is there a new version of this available? There seems to be a lot of improvements since the last version was posted.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

wolph42 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 am
we're nearly done.
HAHA! That could be your epitaph. :D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Azhrei wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:58 am
wolph42 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:49 am
we're nearly done.
HAHA! That could be your epitaph. :D
:D :D :D ROFLMAO :D :D :D
man that's really good, ill inform my wife to put it on there

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am
Here's a more official release:

Version 4.2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggd3n9s31rjpe ... rptok?dl=1
Getting Error(400) on click.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

Here you go. Try the unofficial, almost entirely functional, pre-release, not quite polished, beta version.
lib_motion_tracker.20200907.rptok
(462.71 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Full Bleed wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:32 am
wolph42 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am
Here's a more official release:

Version 4.2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggd3n9s31rjpe ... rptok?dl=1
Getting Error(400) on click.
it appears that dropbox closed off yet another usefull functionality, at this rate im wondering when we are required to pick our files up with a USB stick at the local dropbox store... the direct download no longer works, which means I probly have to once more go through all my links to check if they still work...FTS. Change the last 1 to 0 and the link works, but reverend already created a new topic, better to look there: viewtopic.php?p=277070#p277070

bubblobill
Giant

Post by bubblobill »

Bubblobill on the forum.
@Reverend on the MapTool Discord Server

Responsible for less atrocities than most... I do accept responsibility for these though: SmartDoors, Simple d20 Framework - barebones, Drop-in: All 3.5 SRD Monsters, Drop in: Simple Character Editor, Battletech Framework

Return to “MapTool”