Starfinder macros

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

metatheurgist
Dragon

Starfinder macros

Post by metatheurgist »

Made some macros for the Starfinder game I'll be running later this year. They have not been field tested. Maybe someone might find them useful and beta test them for me. :wink:
starfinder.cmpgn
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 246 times

metatheurgist
Dragon

Re: Starfinder macros

Post by metatheurgist »

2019-07-29
==========
Made Bleed, Burn and Corrode critical effect consistent

Allow direct damage to HP

Show damage when attack does <1 damage, unless weapon specifies 0 damage

Added Smoke effects as a tooltip to smoke grenade output

Changed Statsheet so Temp HP and Move are only shown to owner

Add option to hide AC/HP for NPCs on Statsheet

Hide AC/Init/Skill macro output for NPCs

Allow skill modifiers by stat

Add function to change range on weapons (for snipers)

Allow grenade crits

Add affliction tracking

Add Initiative modifiers to Character edit

Ship Combat
===========
Updated crew action DCs per errata

Corrected ship combat initiative

Output ship name as engineer name when NPC patches

Remove h: and stop hiding new round information in Next macro

Changed Statsheet so Speed and Manueverability are shown to owner

Add option to hide AC/HP for NPC ships on Statsheet

Reworked PC crew list to not use stored token ids. That may solve some issues
*PC ships created with older macros will need to reset "Crew" property to "{}"

Allow active/passive firing of point weapons
Attachments
starfinder-19-7-29.cmpgn
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 146 times

supernovajm
Kobold

Post by supernovajm »

I'm new to maptool, and I just started using these macros. This macro set has been a huge help! I'll try to be a good guinea pig.

Some things that my players and I noticed/would like to see:
  • There are a few melee weapons that depend on charge (like Electrovore gloves, AA1-p47), but the deduction of charges is dependent on having range > 0. It should be based on charge usage field > 0 instead.
  • There doesn't seem to be a convenient way to reload a weapon (set charges available = [charges available] + [charges used] and then charges used = 0)
  • Adding a new grenade weapon is unintuitive. Make it a checkbox with a followup prompt for the grenade type and level rather than adding it as a damage modifier in a freeform text box.
  • Would like to see a way to add/mention special effects on hit (for example target is grabbed/carried/diseased on hit with a DC XX saving throw to negate)
  • Similar to the 2 items above. There doesn't seem to be a way to make a cone or non-single target weapon. Maybe these all can be combined by adding a section for "Special Properties" with options like Explode, Blast, Automatic
  • It would be really nifty if, after adding/editing a weapon, it automatically created a new attack button with the correct name, and a reload button as well.
  • Would like to see conditional modifiers for skills. Several abilities give bonuses to skills in limited circumstances
  • Would like to see a way to add attack spells (for example magic missile which i saw was an example spell macro but seemed hardcoded)

Side note: In an effort to contribute, I made this to put in the attack button tooltip to display remaining/total charges without clicking. Maybe this can be incorporated?

Code: Select all

[h:iButtonid=getMacroButtonIndex()]
[h:jMacroprops=getMacroProps(iButtonid,"json")]
[h:sLabel=json.get(jMacroprops,"label")]
[h:jWeapons=getProperty("Weapons")]
[h:sWeapon=sLabel]
[h:jWeapon=json.get(jWeapons,sWeapon)]
[h:iCharges=json.get(jWeapon,"charges")]
[h:iChargesex=json.get(jWeapon,"chargesex")]
Remaining charges: [r:iCharges]/[r:iCharges+iChargesex]
Thanks for all your hard work

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

Glad that the macros are working out for you. Let me see if I can explain some of the thought processes that went into making the macros.

Melee weapon charges - according to my reading of the rules one charge is used for each minute of operation, rounded up to the whole minute, not one charge per attack like ranged weapons. So, I figured it's better to let the players manage that.

Reload - yep, there is no reload function. This was a deliberate choice. If a player has to edit the weapon to reload I figure they'll actually make sure they have the ammo to do that instead of just pressing the reload button and assuming they do. That said one of my players did request one and I might put one in.

Grenade definition - yep, that's not entirely intuitive but unlikely to change. :P

Additional info for attacks - If it's specific to the attack I'd just add the output to the attack macro for that attack. I think there are a couple of examples of that in the Akata and the Void Zombie. If it applies to multiple attacks you can actually call a macro defined on the token after each damage roll by adding a damage modifier to the weapon where the Name is the name of the macro, the Type is "@" and the Value is a parameter that is passed to the macro when called.

AoE weapons - there is no way of selecting multi targets that I particularly like in Maptool. Since Starfinder says for those weapons you roll damage once and roll attacks for each target - the way I do AoE weapons is I have the weapon defined with a critical roll of 1, this rolls the normal, critical damage and attack for one target. Then I define a second weapon that just rolls an attack and rolls no damage and I use that for each extra target.

Auto adding an attack - I thought it's pretty easy to just duplicate an attack and just rename it but I'd consider adding an option to do it.

Conditional skill mods - those are on the list. I didn't know those were possible when I wrote the macros.

Spells - I don't do spell libraries, they're too much work since each spell is pretty much bespoke. I just do them as needed. There are some properties for spells per level and some functions to interrogate and update those but that's probably as much as I'm going to do there.

Adding weapon charges to the tooltip is nifty and I'll add that to the list.

Thanks for the feedback.

supernovajm
Kobold

Post by supernovajm »

Found a bug:

After setting a defense modifier, returning to the defenses macro prompts for re-entry of the type and value of the modifiers.

from line 35 of Defenses Macro

[sModstr=listAppend(sModstr,"sMod"+iCount+"|Name="+sMod+";Type="+type+";Value="+value+"|Modifier|PROPS","##")]
Should be

[sModstr=listAppend(sModstr,"sMod"+iCount+"|Name="+sMod+";Type="+stype+";Value="+svalue+"|Modifier|PROPS","##")]

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

Wow. I can't believe I never tested that or used that feature in 3 modules of Dead Suns. Thanks!

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

2021-03-28
==========
Show weapon charges in attack tooltip

Add option to add attack button when creating weapon

Bug in Skill Mods when Type is specified for a random bonus value
The issue is that typed bonuses don't stack, so the type is used to only count the highest bonus of that type, but, the code can't count a random value (like the Envoy's d6 Expertise) until it's been rolled. So it doesn't cope well with that combo. The only way to resolve it is to roll the outcome before hand, but this will result in the random value sometimes being better and sometimes not, which seems like a funny game mechanic

Add Roll and Dmgtype to parameters passed to Damage functions

Error editing Defenses when Defense Modifiers have been added

Add MissChance as a damage function

Add Explode as a damage function

Made the button based roll Modifiers a bit more flexible

Add conditional mods for skills

Add option to hide Skill roll if GM rolls for a player

Corrected Grenade save DCs (attack penalty was reversed)

Add option to make HP bar display for NPCs slightly fuzzy

Expose RP on the Statsheet

Added some RP output for spending/Resting/Stabilising/Staying in the Fight

Implement Extra Resolve Feat

Add a canSeeToken() check to the targetting list because the Visible condition in getTokens() is apparently pointless

Add Add|RemoveDR and Add|RemoveER functions

Tested with 1.8 for most of a module. No obvious issues so far

Ship Combat
===========
Ship Healthbar not updating

Add ship fire arc auras (requires at least MT 1.5)

Show current assigned crew when selecting crew
Attachments
starfinder-21-03-28.cmpgn
(3.73 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

VagariesOfFate
Kobold

Post by VagariesOfFate »

The current version of the campaign file is also available in the RPG Nexus MT Database.

https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... nd-content
RPG Nexus MapTools repository. Check it out and contribute now

https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... nd-content

Return to “User Creations”