Death is the New Pink and Into the Odd Framework

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

moonmilk
Kobold

Death is the New Pink and Into the Odd Framework

Post by moonmilk »

Hey everyone! This is a framework for the indie-RPG Death is the New Pink. Death is the New Pink is a gonzo, post-apocalyptic RPG that uses the Into the Odd by Chris McDowall. I've been working on this framework for a good while and it was really time to share it. It's not totally finished but it does its job. Death is the New Pink and Into the Odd have different flavor text in the rulebook for but they're essentially the same game (I believe, I haven't played it myself). Anyway, I built the framework because I really wanted to play DitNP with my friends! Death is the New Pink doesn't really have in-depth movement rules but I added a area to enter movement speed in the character sheet so you can homebrew it into the game.

DitNP Sample.jpg
DitNP Sample.jpg (852.19 KiB) Viewed 4199 times

So about the framework - it works best in Dark Mode, usually. A walk-through on how to use the framework and (some of) Maptool can be accessed by clicking on the "Click here to Start" token and macro. I tried to make it as easy to use as possible. Many of the options you need can be selected from the character sheet. F2 opens the character sheet and allows the GM to quickly impersonate different tokens for quick access to stats, attacks and anything else. You can roll dice, roll specific weapons, edit your equipment, check the rules, make ability checks, add/subtract health and more right from the character sheet window. I recommend running the game liberally using the F2 to swap between different tokens when needed.

Not sure what else I can say...

Oh, check out at Death is the New Pink at DriveThru RPG! Check out Into the Odd too!

Thank you to everyone on the Discord for the help! The framework has a couple of different drop-in modules and I snatched some code here and there from other frameworks. Thank you to all those authors! Hope the authors don't mind! If you've got any feedback, lay it on me! Also, I'm totally new to framework building so not everything is working ideally. If you find some bugs, let me know! It hasn't been play tested so it's probably breakable. And if you have questions, feel free to ask!

DitNP 0.5.4.cmpgn
(13.59 MiB) Downloaded 47 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Death is the New Pink and Into the Odd Framework

Post by wolph42 »

it looks really nice! thank you for sharing, you might also want to mention this on discord though as most people moved there!

Return to “User Creations”