AD&D (1e or 2e) Framework

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

rgwynnjr
Cave Troll

Re: AD&D (1e or 2e) Framework

Post by rgwynnjr »

Thanks. Downloaded and will check it out.
Yeah... I'm a Druid. No... I don't hung trees, I kick a**.

Oronir
Kobold

Post by Oronir »

Hi, very interesting. My old Dm want to try maptool and is using 2nd ed. I found this framework for him. Wondering if there are further developments.

Also, I had a question about the greyhawk library (calendar)

I had always wanted such a thing in my framework (using pf 2e). By deleting the code which wants to update states and by adding the Calendar property I have it working. EXCEPT the add hour macro. Somehow there is a hidden 'incrementHour'. Can't find it. It is the only button not working in my framework.

Thanks for any input

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You could use RPEdit to export lib token macro then do a word search in notepad++ or other plain text editor to find it.

Oronir
Kobold

Post by Oronir »

Thanks for the tip Alias. I had another look and found the fault.
In the original 'Greyhawk library map' the campaign window button '+hour' has the correct code : [h: incrementTurn(number_of_Hours*6)]
But the on the map the lib: containing the 'to-drag' macro of '+hour' is faulty.

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Thanks, Oronir. It's true my campaign file is pretty messy right now, so I have bits and pieces of macro work that (for me) mostly work.

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier — I only got the notification today.

I'm glad you were able to figure out what was going on with that. I can take a look and see if I can clean it up some more.

Oronir
Kobold

Post by Oronir »

Hi Maddog, thanks or replying and no worries on being late. It is a forum afterall.

Any improvements you have done or want to do will be very welcome to my friend. He is 50 and although no tech noob, I wouldn't call him savvy. Thank you for the work you already did.

I will be improving the RPTools website and there will be links to Frameworks of the various rulesets. Would like to include yours as well.

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Oronir,

Thanks again for the feedback. I was motivated to dig in to the library to figure out what was going on with it.

I think the readme spells it out pretty well. It should be relatively bulletproof. If you choose to use the character age element, the library can add a "birthdate" property and a "birthyear" property to each affected token. When a token has a birthday, it's noted in Time and Temperature, and you can also use the

Code: Select all

age()
macro to find out how long until (or since) a token's birthday.

The updated repo is still at https://github.com/eCyclops/Greyhawk and the library is available in the form of a map that can be added to any campaign.

Return to “User Creations”