It's been nearly 10 years...

Tell us how you are using our gaming tools and how your sessions are going.

Moderator: Azhrei

Longshot
Giant

It's been nearly 10 years...

Post by Longshot »

I've gotten back into Map Tools this year. We've moved from in-person gaming to Remote-only.
It works beautifully.

I have pulled together many resources. Here is what I can name:
5e D&D Framework -paulstrait (really a heavily modified version of Yoricks's)
Lib:DnD_5e_Treasure -Made by dantarith
5e Spell Library - Addon for Melek's Simple 5e Framework -Merudo, via Melek
Overlay FX. Weather, Lighting, Ambience, etc. -bubblobill
Bag OF Tricks -Wolph
The Inn Generator v1.28 -Wolph
Plo's Inventory Manager -plothos
Market Tool with inventory system. -kyuss11
DnD 5 - 743 Tokens with stat block, macros, spells -bobifle
Visual Dice Rolling Overlay v3.x -Jmr3366
Lib:SpellLibrary -Jmr3366
several books of 5e monster tokens -Jmr3366

I've customized the libraries and tokens to integrate them into one framework. I've also written my own player (and DM) Attack Frame and Equipment Frame to access all the Drop-ins in an easy-to-approach fashion.
The fights go quickly and the players like the look and feel of MT. All the customization we want is ours for the asking. You just can't beat it.

We are in a Homebrew campaign that ties together the end of Frozen Sick with the next Campaign. Very easy with MT to make a seamless experience when playing a published module and then introduce elements that are off-book.
Last edited by Longshot on Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Re: It's been nearly 10 years...

Post by Jmr3366 »

@Longshot, it would be best to pull the Lib:SpellLibrary off my oneDrive as it has a fix for a known issue regarding frame5 (also have several books of 5e monster tokens there too, not sure if you'd seen those).

Longshot
Giant

Re: It's been nearly 10 years...

Post by Longshot »

@ Jmr3366 I grabbed them. I've really glad you mentioned them because as I searched through User Creations to incorporate into a 5e framework, I had come across those before. Sadly, I had lost track of them when I finalized my build. I honestly wish I had started with those as my core and now I'm going to retro-fit my build to employ your monsters and Spellbook.

A quick fun-fact about my Framework goals:
I make my frameworks to allow players to roll their own dies and manually enter their roll in a text field.
And as a DM, I'll usually allow all other rolls to be random, though I want to be able to change any value used prior to the final result.
After I'm satisfied, the Framework will automatically apply damage, calculate resistance, etc., and add conditions.
Lastly, it auto-tracks durations and will clear them or do damage\regen over time.

I want to concentrate as much as possible on story, so it's awesome to have all this ready to go to minimize setup time.
This is a Maptool golden age for me because there are creators now making Dice and Weather Overlays, plus animation integration!

Return to “Session Report-Back”