Player templates disappear on GM screen

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Shadow Wizard
Giant

Player templates disappear on GM screen

Post by Shadow Wizard »

I have noticed something that I don't know if it is a bug, or if I just have something set oddly.
When my players set a template (such as a fireball, fog cloud, etc.), I get it on the GM screen, but it will disappear if I move the screen around, or something. I don't know exactly what I do to cause it to disappear, I just know it usually disappears (I will research what causes this if it turns out to be a bug before I post it). It does not disappear from the players screen, just the GM's.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Player templates disappear on GM screen

Post by aliasmask »

Yep, it's a bug I've seen several times. If you check the draw explorer, it moves to 0,0, but I still can't see it. I think you are supposed to be able to move some of those drawn templates like a token, but I never could. I think it's related to that.

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Post by Shadow Wizard »

Owch. That's a REALLY big issue in my games. If the fog for example disappears on my screen, I can't tell if the players, or the monsters are in or out of them :(
Have you found any work around for this?
I intend to attempt to replicate so I can give more details on when it happens/what may cause it before I post the bug (unless its already posted) but don't know when that will be. I have a vacation coming up, and although I am taking all my campaign stuff with me, but working on maptool is the bottom of my list when I am on vacation :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Now that I think about it. It only happens on the first drawing I do. So, maybe if you draw something, then undo it and redraw it, then it will stay? This reminds me of an old bug having to do with the first drawing. I haven't reported this bug because I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Return to “MapTool”