Tokens with Hero Lab data become corrupted

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Sardonyx Dragon
Kobold

Tokens with Hero Lab data become corrupted

Post by Sardonyx Dragon »

In Maptool 1.12.2 tokens that were originally created from Hero Lab become corrupted. By corrupted, I mean that when the token is double clicked, or Edit is selected from the context menu, a warning is displayed and the token is not opened. The warning message is as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.rptools.maptool.model.Token.getOwners()" because the return value of "net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.EditTokenDialog.getModel()" is null
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.EditTokenDialog$OwnerListModel.<init>(EditTokenDialog.java:2174)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.token.EditTokenDialog.lambda$bind$0(EditTokenDialog.java:300)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:54)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.WaitDispatchSupport.enter(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Dialog.setVisible(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.displayPopup(MapToolEventQueue.java:109)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:73)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I create these tokens by dragging in a “character” entry from a valid Hero Lab .por file, running a macro on it that parses the Hero Lab XML and uses the result to populate token information such as size, vision and various custom properties. Finally, I manually assign pictures to the token image and portrait fields.

All the Hero Lab tokens in a campaign become corrupted as soon as I start the MapTool server. If I reload the campaign while the server is running, the reloaded tokens work normally. Most things (such as macro access to properties) seem to work normally for a broken token, but I cannot open it to (for example) change Strength due to a Strength draining attack or look in the Hero Lab tab to see what a creature’s Spell Resistance is. Saving a campaign with broken tokens ensures that they will be broken even if the campaign is reloaded without the Maptool server running. This problem did not occur in Maptool 1.9.3, but my group jumped directly from 1.9.3 to 1.12.1 and then quickly to 1.12.2, so I don’t know in which version the problem first appeared.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Return to “MapTool”