Nice to meet you ...

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Nice to meet you ...

Post by aliasmask »

JivagoDortZ wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:01 am
Is this a thread for the introduction?
Yes. You can say hi to the community and say anything, like what brings you here or what your interests are.

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

Welcome JivagoDortZ!

JivagoDortZ
Kobold

Post by JivagoDortZ »

Hello everyone my name is Lillian I am 25 years old and I come from London, I will be glad to meet you!

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

JivagoDortZ wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 am
Hello everyone my name is Lillian I am 25 years old and I come from London, I will be glad to meet you!
This is it! Welcome!

MicahMakenzie
Kobold

Post by MicahMakenzie »

I've been on the forum for some time, but I haven't introduced myself.
My name is Sang, I am 25. I am from India, but now I live in Scotland.
There is a lot of useful information on your forum, thank you!
"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."-Omar Khayyam

worktime-employee monitoring software

rredmond
Kobold

Post by rredmond »

India to Scotland, wow! Must've been an interesting adjustment. Have you had haggis yet? :D
Welcome Sang, I'd say "enjoy the forum" but it sounds like you already are :mrgreen:

MicahMakenzie
Kobold

Post by MicahMakenzie »

rredmond wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:29 am
India to Scotland, wow! Must've been an interesting adjustment. Have you had haggis yet? :D
Welcome Sang, I'd say "enjoy the forum" but it sounds like you already are :mrgreen:
Thank you! :)
I was lucky to go to study in England, so I decided after that to try to settle here
Well, for some reason I chose Scotland :)
"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."-Omar Khayyam

worktime-employee monitoring software

Pearce2
Kobold

Post by Pearce2 »

Hello everyone I am newbie and I am having an issue with posts, please help

May be I have submitted some posts on this forum and there still disappear on this forum I don't know but I think there is a bug in this forum, Can you please fix it or tell why this happing to my posts.

Sorry for the trouble.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Pearce2 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:44 am
Hello everyone I am newbie and I am having an issue with posts, please help

May be I have submitted some posts on this forum and there still disappear on this forum I don't know but I think there is a bug in this forum, Can you please fix it or tell why this happing to my posts.

Sorry for the trouble.
There are several ways to get your posts deleted and account banned permanently. Making very generic replies to a post during your first 2 posts that don't seem to correlate to the conversation. Including links in your post or signature that seem like advertising. Replying to a thread that is several years old. Posting from countries that may be considered hubs of spam posting. Copying someone else's reply farther up in a thread and presenting it as your own.

There may be more ways to get banned and/or deleted. I do not see any recent posts from you that have been deleted, but this post could meet 2 of the ways to get deleted or banned as a spammer. Spammers are getting very clever with their posts and this could all just be another ploy to get on our system, but I'll leave it up for now since I still have to approve your next message as well.

If you have a serious gaming question or questions about RPTool apps, I suggest you post that to show that you're a real person. Posting something generic may get it deleted and you banned if done during your first 2 posts.

Witness1
Kobold

Post by Witness1 »

Hi everyone!

I'm a huge Maptool fan. I love the freedom that is macro language gives in creating frameworks and adapting Mt to any possible rpg out there. I've been a rpg player for 20 years now and, while still favoring live P&P games, I've grown accustomed to online play, especially due to the pandemic. I'm currently running a strategic warfare campaign (Birthright) with Mt , with Castles & Crusades as a RPG base.

From my programmers day, I've learned the benefits of a modular approach, so I'm trying to write everything as much as modular as possible so to release them and help the community grow and improve. I hope I get the right to write into other sections of the forum soon so I can start contributing!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Witness1 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:39 am
Hi everyone!

I'm a huge Maptool fan. I love the freedom that is macro language gives in creating frameworks and adapting Mt to any possible rpg out there. I've been a rpg player for 20 years now and, while still favoring live P&P games, I've grown accustomed to online play, especially due to the pandemic. I'm currently running a strategic warfare campaign (Birthright) with Mt , with Castles & Crusades as a RPG base.

From my programmers day, I've learned the benefits of a modular approach, so I'm trying to write everything as much as modular as possible so to release them and help the community grow and improve. I hope I get the right to write into other sections of the forum soon so I can start contributing!
You should check on the MT discord, that's where the most activity is these days: https://discord.gg/yvVnaC2Z
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Witness1
Kobold

Post by Witness1 »

You should check on the MT discord, that's where the most activity is these days: https://discord.gg/yvVnaC2Z
Yes I do, however while discord is great for conversation, it is still a bit harder to use to me especially for resources. I've put a thread of my mods library but even I cannot find it. :roll: I guess I'm a bit old school on that.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Welcome to the Forums.

JimGreen
Kobold

Post by JimGreen »

Well, hello. I mostly gamed back in the 1980s at Zocchi's and other game stores in the Gulfport, MS area.

Made my maps back then using 5mm hex paper and graph paper that had 18 by 24 large squares, with 25 smaller squares in each one. About 1999/200 I bought Campaign Cartographer 2, then bought each upgrade since. I'm not sure how many maps I made over the 23 years, but I estimate it is in the thousands. I scanned my 5mm hex maps and loaded them into CC2Pro, then made maps. Those older maps are mostly gone from my websites, I use CC3+ now.

My Bachelors degree is in computer science, but instead of programing in Vax Pascal, I repaired computers or monitored computer systems for about 30 years. I have multiple sites of free maps. Most are rather large at 1000 to 2000 pixels wide. I use free software to change the size of my maps. I'm retired, but my relatives seem to think I now have plenty of time to help them around the house. I would rather map or play Everquest II.

I answer to Jim, which is also my name.
Jim
my at least a thousand free maps:
https://crestofastar.drivein-jim.net/
an Atlas of a game planet, multiple mappers. free maps. Different cultures.
https://atlas.monsen.cc/search

Return to “General Discussion”