TokenTool window not showing

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

GoubyBear
Kobold

TokenTool window not showing

Post by GoubyBear »

Hello Everyone,

I use TokenTool on my PC, running on Windows 10.
For a bit more than a week now, when I launch TokenTool 2.2.1, the program starts, a window pops up with a loading bar, it completes, the windows disappear, the icon appears again in my taskbar but the window itself is nowhere to be found.
When I put my mouse a above the icon on the taskbar, i shows a white window, so I am even doubting if the program loads properly.

I tried:
- Deleting and reinstalling the program
- Cascading windows
So far, nothing works.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: TokenTool window not showing

Post by aliasmask »

After uninstalling, remove this folder

Code: Select all

C:\Users\[USER]\.tokentool-rptools
And then try re-installing again with a new download of TokenTool in case your current download is corrupt.

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

That sounds like maybe it's opening, but way off screen (though cascading usually fixes that). Do you sometimes have a second monitor, or maybe the operating systems thinks you do but you don't?

If you're on Windows, the location is stores in the registry. It can be cleared out, though monkeying with the RegEdit can be fraught with peril. Definitely try aliasmask's advice first.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, I thought about the dual monitor thing, but when he said the preview on taskbar showed a white screen I agree that it probably isn't opening correctly.

I was able to duplicate your problem. Indeed, it is on 2nd screen. If he has Windows 11, he could hit win-P key, set to extend, then back to PC only and it will move back to main screen.

Return to “TokenTool”