Real world date and time

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Real world date and time

Post by Shadow Wizard »

Is there a way to display the real world date and time? I.E. March 21, 2023 9:24 AM?
The idea is to create a log file of what occurs. When players take or heal damage, when monsters are killed, etc. So having the log timestamped is ideal. (Have any log timestamped is ideal)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Real world date and time

Post by aliasmask »

Only for custom output. I have a macro called chatbox() that allows you to impersonate any token and looks like the current chat output. But if you mouseover the name, it will show the player name and timestamp. But if you want to use your own, you can use [r: json.get(getInfo("server"),"timeDate")] to show the server time and date. You can also replace server with "client" to show that clients time instead.

chatbox can be found in my lib:players2 drop-in or just the code in Discord. If you scroll up from the link, the less feature-rich code is above and it's just called chat().

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Re: Real world date and time

Post by Shadow Wizard »

Exactly what I am looking for. Thank you.

Return to “Macros”