91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by aliasmask »

This waw literally the first bit of code I wrote for MapTool and it's overly complicated which is one reason why I never updated it. It doesn't lend to easy updates.

PFSpellDescriptions table - is the list of all the spells and the related data. This index number is the ID of any particular spell. If you wanted to add a spell you would make a new entry here and then add the spell name to the 0 entry array.

PFSpellListIndex table - holds the list of spells where the 0 entry gives the name of the list. So, 1 is the Bard Class spell list. It's saved as a 2 dimensional array where index is the spell level, starting at level 0 spells. These lists holds the IDs of the spells in that list. So, if you were to add a spell, you would need to put the ID for that spell in to the various lists, which is the major pain. Actually, not all lists are 2 dimensional like the "Alpha" lists which start around ID 48, for "A".

Back in the day, I used SQL to generate these lists but it can be done inside MapTool as well. At the bare minimum, I would add the new spell to the one of the "Alpha" lists, spells by first letter. It won't be in order in the list, but at the end. You can use the config library to reset the cached info.. I would just turn off caching since computers are much faster and MT more efficient than it was 13 years ago.

The 3.5 tables are the same way.

Templar
Cave Troll

Post by Templar »

Cool,
thank you for that.
I will work on what you have said and report on how I got along.
Templar

Peet
Kobold

Post by Peet »

Hello,

I have just tried to setup a new campaign with this Framework in MT1.13.2. The first thing I ran into is, that alle the tokens does not show images except the librarys. Does the way the images are handeled changed or do I have to download additional libraries with the tokens to get that to show up correctly? The images seems to be there, as I can see them when I hover over or edit the token, but it does not show them on the map.

Thanks, Peter.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

When you drop a token image on the map you have to edit the character and input the information. You can use "Sheet" or "Edit Char" buttons in the Campaign Window.

Peet
Kobold

Post by Peet »

Unfortunately that is not what I meant, I was talking about the tokens that are already in the campaign. For example on the map Random_PF_Critters there are predefined tokens, but they are all invisible.

I have now found that I can make them visible by turning the opacity of the token back up to 100% in the token properties under configuration, but I haven’t found a way to do that in batch. So I would have to edit every token in your campaign one by one that way.

Is there perhaps a way to set that value for a selection of token?

Peet
Kobold

Post by Peet »

As a picture says more the a 100 words, here are two screenshots:
Screenshot1.JPG
Screenshot1.JPG (101.86 KiB) Viewed 4977 times
Screenshot2.JPG
Screenshot2.JPG (74.05 KiB) Viewed 4977 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Ah, never noticed that. MT probably made some token structure changes and opacity got set to 0 on these tokens. I went ahead and updated the most recent campaign file (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... M5Wl_Me2kj) and set the opacity to 1.

You can do the same by creating a macro in the campaign window and setting Apply to Selected on macro, select all the tokens and run macro.

[H: setTokenOpacity(1)]

Peet
Kobold

Post by Peet »

Thank you for the edit. I thought about writing a macro, but did not know the name of the property I had to change. So you solved both.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”