Importing donjon files

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
assaf
Kobold

Importing donjon files

Post by assaf »

Hi,
I am trying to import donjon json files to maptool and was looking for either a tool to do it or instructions on how to create one (I know programming but barely know maptools logic or the formats details).

I found old tools such as https://github.com/snex/carto which converts the old TSV format to universal VTT and (but doesn't support the json format nor has it been updated for 6 years) and also found viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16833 which was created over 10 years ago (with the last remark over 6 years ago) and similarly uses tsv only.

While it is easy to take donjon image as is (it has a known pixel size so it is easy to align to grid), I was looking for something which can do what the above tools do, i.e. replace the tilesets to something interesting and automatically setup the VBL (of course, being also able to add some objects is also nice).

Does anyone know of such a tool (either directly or through an intermediate format such as universal VTT)? If not, is there some easy to use documentation/libraries I can use to do it myself?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Importing donjon files

Post by aliasmask »

You may want to go to the Discord. Afaik, there is no tool in MapTool to do such a thing, but you can read a json in several different ways to save, access and manipulate the info. MapTool has functions to manipulate VBL but I'm not sure about creating VBL. Same with drawables. I recall seeing chatter on Discord about universal VTT conversion, but I think it's on a to-do list.

Return to “MapTool”