The MacroPolicebox: Second Regeneration (D&D 4E Framework)

Framework(s) for D&D 4e, including Veggiesama's.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

StarMan
Dragon

501-514

Post by StarMan »

Hey MPBers, hope your new year is off to a good start! Happy belated Easter so I guess it's not that new anymore. A whopping 14 SLs have dropped since my last post above but now is the right time to break the silence. SL 514 was released over the long weekend and has the distinction of being the first to require MT 1.11.5 or higher. Time to upgrade if you have yet to do so! The down side of this is that the accompanying pop-ups from the blue links you see in the chat no longer appear. For example, the Surge macro will no longer pop-up on the guy you are casting Healing Word on and the initiative panel will no longer get sent to your players when running Validate. :oops: We will do more testing in our group but it seems you can still click those links manually. Yes I know it's not ideal but at least non-popup macros like Play Clip still seem to work OK. If this proves to be a legitimate bug then I will see if it has been reported as yet.

Other improvements include bonus dice in "*ing Word" powers are now supported, individual tokens can now toggle Auto Mode, Roll20 code generation has been greatly enhanced (ie now done in pop-up menu format), the MMHoF macros can be run directly to install the associated trigger onto a new token, Shift tells you how many squares you have left to spend and many many more! Enjoy ...
StarMan - The MacroPolicebox D&D 4E Framework: Import ANYTHING!

StarMan
Dragon

515-518

Post by StarMan »

Hey fellow MapTool fans, I trust this spring is treating you well. I am happy to report the MPB put in a killer performance for my group last night. There was a bit of tension a few months back when the move up to MT 1.11.5 caused the Send Macro function to break. The link was still being sent in the Chat but no pop-up was appearing for the receiving player. A guy on the 4e Discord server then suggested setting the sent macro to trusted. That did the trick and the fix was published with SL 517! Unfortunately there was another major bug still lurking in the Convert Rumble States macro in that detected conditions in the source text were not being included in the generated macros! :oops: It took a while to track that bug down but it was a fairly easy fix which is now available in SL 518.

Roll20 code is now vastly improved and saved to the Grave token after a token is generated without the myriad individual frames. Banner will now forbid the running of class powers higher than your level and attack triggers should fire slightly earlier. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

519-524

Post by StarMan »

Greetings from my new home in Brockville, ON (see https://brockville.com)! Last update below was the final one from my Scarborough home before saying goodbye to Toronto after 45 happy years. Been in my new city almost 2 months now and things have finally settled down to the point where I can give the latest MPB news. Hard to believe a whole half-dozen SLs have been written in the meantime!

The first major update is a glaring oversight which has gone on since the very beginning way back in 2010. We have been having so much fun playing that we didn't notice critical hits were not giving enough damage!!! Sure the base weapon damage was being maximized as well as any striker damage ... but that was it! Things like Attack Finesse and Horned Helm damage were still being included but NOT in maximized form! This has been remedied by putting the "missed" damage in the InherentCrit property. This is a complex mechanic and I can think of at least one scenario where that strategy may not work properly. May players have been keeping me honest in this regard so will try to get it right for SL 525.

Another big fix is the proper coding of Healing and other "Word" powers. Yes I know I've said this before but I have tested this time and they really do come out correctly. The copy iterations also get expended properly as far as I can tell from the testing done. Roll20 generation continues to be improved with individual macros being saved to the ABOS' Notes tab for individual imports. Request PC Ownership now FINALLY works properly and Dead tokens can receive rent macros like Disengage. The general algorithms for including new macros during import (and excluding ones already present) have been improved. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

525-529

Post by StarMan »

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada! Yes, us crazy people north of the 49th celebrate on the second weekend of October as opposed to our American friends who do so at the end of November. I am most thankful for life continuing to go well in Brockville. A close second on that list is the completion of the 52x series of fix releases!

Highlights of fixes done after SL 524 include dying characters using the Speak feature to call for help, a more comprehensive display of effect attributes, a new effect duration called "AttackOrEnd", keyword addition problems have been solved and Register Effect now properly retains passed trigger defs in its Link parameter. Many dozens of minor interface and import problems (like the whole "Live vs Lvl" drama in macro labels) have also been cleared up. Enjoy!

StarMan
Dragon

530-544

Post by StarMan »

Well MPBers this is a new record for silence with respect to numerical SLs. I completed the 530s and am now halfway through the 540s! Just thought I would wish you all a great holiday season before heading back home to Toronto tomorrow. Lots of improvements have been made over the past 15 releases, the most significant of which is the move to MapTool 1.12.2. This has caused a few problems in our group including the main program's tendency to lock up after a few hours despite increasing my Xmx value. A player from my Wed group is also having this issue every turn: https://issuehint.com/issue/RPTools/maptool/3316 Doesn't look like RPTools is gonna do anything about it but I suspect it's because his MT is pointing to his local JRE as opposed to Eclipse Adoptium's 17.0.1.

New features include being asked to store your Rumble Eval roll (say no if you don't wanna do that) and use later, flattening your token when prone and narrowing it when squeezing. Most importantly, strides have been made when doing F4 to level up your character. Your class features and racial traits were being backed up for some bizarre reason and some magic items still are. I will take a look at that when I return home after the 28th. Hopefully you get some downtime in the upcoming weeks and all the best in 2023!

StarMan
Dragon

545-580

Post by StarMan »

And now we have an even bigger record for silence! Life has been crazy settling into my new city so it’s hard to believe my first anniversary of moving here is just a month away. That has not stopped MPB development which is now pausing at SL 580. I will be flying to Ireland tomorrow so you won’t see 581 until mid June or so. Web site has been updated to say I may not be able to approve new accounts until then.

Don’t worry, I used 580 for both my groups last week and things ran very smoothly. Nobody tried the new Toggle Light feature but it is simple enough. Up until early April triggers were prompting both parties instead of just the guy who had it defined but that has been fixed. You will even now be reminded to run manually if you own both tokens. Lots of other small fixes have been made which are documented in the release notes as usual. The doors’ operation are now audible again!

A special shout out to the new users so far this year. A few have written some nice replies to the welcome emails. Bye for now...

StarMan
Dragon

600/Retirement!

Post by StarMan »

BIG news, fellow MPBers! Earlier this month I was let go from my job despite telling my employer a couple years back that my intent was to retire at the end of 2024. They offered to help me look for a new position in another dept but I refused! The allure of the eat/sleep/D&D/repeat lifestyle while collecting a severance and unemployment insurance was just too great! I have plenty of money and hobbies to sustain me so it was time to call it a day on my career.

This newfound freedom has allowed me to reach the SL 600 milestone even earlier. There's nothing extra special about starting this new 100 series but some fairly surprising bugs have been fixed since I last wrote. +1 for charging was NOT being awarded and neither was the Situational damage afforded by things like Bloodhunt! On the import side, variables were still being prompted for during the Roll20 phase, disease handling just plan didn't work, some code was being generated improperly and PC weapons were not being included.

As for improvements, you can now use the new MM1 Card feature on your monsters for a handy reference, skill challenges run more smoothly, blindsight creatures are now immune to powers with the Gaze keyword, keywords are now properly propagated to trigger macros and many more things that escape me ATM.

I have started a new group to go through Scales of War and we will be holding a practice session tomorrow. Who knows, I may even start another in a few months! The freedom retirement is affording me is exciting to say the least. I don't know what new directions I will be taking the MPB in going forward but that's half the fun of it.

A special hello to our new MPB users and hope your games are running well. Until next time ...

StarMan
Dragon

SL 614 is end of the road for 1.12.2

Post by StarMan »

Hello Everyone, just dropping a line to wish you all a very happy holiday season! Retirement is going really well and I will be hopping on a train to Toronto in the morning. Luckily despite the busy day I was able to get the very last MT 1.12.2 SL out the door. Yes, I know that's an ancient version for many of you but I am running 3 groups and it's a pain orchestrating 15 players to upgrade. Editing MapTool.cfg is annoying and old version was working fine so generally speaking there is little incentive to upgrade. We are doing it now because my Monday group has 2 new guys and it makes little sense to have them install the old version. SL 615 will require MT 1.14.3 or higher to load.

The main new feature to speak of is the "Attack From" field in the power editor. This is used like the ABOS for an area burst except you can choose a different token. The big difference is at can be used for ANY attack type. You are teleported to the token before the attack and back after you finish attacking. Note that tokens smaller than Medium size may not be returned to the original spot. This is a long-standing MT bug which I wish they would fix. Also, Create System Effect is now able to generate the "Deactivate RV" feature which (you guessed it!) turns off RV functions for a time.

Best wishes for 2024 and happy gaming to you all!

Return to “D&D 4e Frameworks”