Seeking seasoned guidance for MapTool mastery!

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

TingxoGamchu
Kobold

Seeking seasoned guidance for MapTool mastery!

Post by TingxoGamchu »

Transitioning from Roll20 to harness MapTool's promised dynamic lighting and field of view, yet tutorials elude me. As a novice, alternatives beckon, but the allure of MapTool's cost-free advantage remains paramount. Does anyone possess a comprehensive text tutorial for initiating a D&D campaign, specifically leveraging 'Lost Mine of Phandelver' with my troupe? Grateful for any insights shared!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Seeking seasoned guidance for MapTool mastery!

Post by aliasmask »

I recommend visiting our Discord page. There used to be some shared content for the Lost Mines here, but those links have expired. There have been some major updates to the dynamic lighting of late and a tutorial is in the works. But you can seek advice and view other recent tips on the Discord channels.

kiricowell
Kobold

Post by kiricowell »

TingxoGamchu wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:51 am
Transitioning from Roll20 to harness MapTool's promised dynamic lighting and field of view, yet tutorials elude me. As a novice, alternatives beckon, but the allure of MapTool's cost-free advantage remains paramount. Does anyone possess a comprehensive text tutorial for initiating a D&D campaign, specifically leveraging 'Lost Mine of Phandelver' with my troupe? Grateful for any insights shared! age of war
I think this is one of the best posts that has ever been written.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm was skeptical the OP was a bot, but with the immediate bot reply convinced me these are both bot accounts. Just leaving it here for posterity to see how many more bots will reply.

Return to “General Discussion”