Differences in b33

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Differences in b33

Post by Steel Rat »

Some things I've noticed.

- Last zoomed area isn't being saved with the campaign. I have to keep moving the screen to the location where all the player tokens are and zoom in appropriately. This worked fine in older versions, pre b32 I think.

- This was probably in all versions, but if a player's token name extends into FOW or non-vision area, the name is invisible. Can it be placed always on top so a token won't be "lost", or easily identifiable? Applies to any PC or NPC/Monster token I would think.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Noted, thanks !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Re: Differences in b33

Post by Phergus »

Steel Rat wrote:- Last zoomed area isn't being saved with the campaign. I have to keep moving the screen to the location where all the player tokens are and zoom in appropriately. This worked fine in older versions, pre b32 I think.
Are you sure about that? I don't recall MT every preserving the position and zoom levels in campaign files (though it should). I just tried it with b31. Tried different zooms and positions on different maps. Saved campaign. Restarted MT and reloaded campaign and all maps were at 1:1 and the 0,0 position.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I don't believe it ever saved that, as I have to recenter every time I start a campaign up, and usually my players complain that they can't see anything, when really they just have to zoom out and pan the map.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Phergus wrote:Are you sure about that? I don't recall MT every preserving the position and zoom levels in campaign files (though it should). I just tried it with b31. Tried different zooms and positions on different maps. Saved campaign. Restarted MT and reloaded campaign and all maps were at 1:1 and the 0,0 position.
Yup, I'm sure. It works as I expected in B30, which I was using up until 2 weeks or so ago. And I just tested it again with a non-b33 campaign file (can't open a b33-saved campaign in b30).

It immediately struck me that I had to move the view all the way down to where I needed it when I didn't have to every time before.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Ahh. It saves the currently displayed map's position and zoom when doing a Save Campaign. I was thinking you meant all the maps in a campaign.

This actually broke in b31.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Phergus wrote:Ahh. It saves the currently displayed map's position and zoom when doing a Save Campaign. I was thinking you meant all the maps in a campaign.

This actually broke in b31.
So far I haven't had a lot of maps in a campaign. The last used map was my biggest concern. But yeah, I was guessing when I said Pre-b32, since I went from b30 to B32, then B33. Never saw 31.

Hey! I was right for once! ;)
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Steel Rat wrote:- This was probably in all versions, but if a player's token name extends into FOW or non-vision area, the name is invisible. Can it be placed always on top so a token won't be "lost", or easily identifiable? Applies to any PC or NPC/Monster token I would think.
Can we have an option for this instead? I would rather have some way of showing the edge of an NPC token without its name actually appearing. As it is now, at least a portion of the name is hidden behind FOW.

Perhaps for NPCs, either leave the name under the FOW or if the center of the NPC is hidden by FOW, hide the labels?

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Another thing I've found. When placing objects on the Object layer, I can't move them around using the mouse left-click and drag. I have to right-click and Move, or use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

When placing objects on the Object layer, I can't move them around using the mouse left-click and drag. I have to right-click and Move, or use the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Actually you can it is just that you can't left-click on an already selected token or stamp and move it. Just click somewhere else first and then you can left-click drag it.

Known bug.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I did try that, initially, but it didn't work. I had to leave the object layer then come back.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

FYI, this didn't happen in B30...
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Works consistently for me. If the object (or token) is already selected (has the outline around it) then you won't be able to drag it. It has to be deselected when you click on it to drag. If you click on it once and then click again to drag it won't work.

It is easy to tell if it is going to work. When you click and hold the button down the selection outline stays on it until you move it. If you click on it and the selection outline goes away before you try to move then it isn't going to work.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Also note that this is a known bug in b33 posted within hours of its release in the appropriate b33 release thread.

Again, this is not intentional behavior but a bug.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

That's cool. I got the impression it was a bug from previous versions as well.

Just re-tested in B33, it's more complicated than it seems.

I place an Object on the object layer. Click away from it, then click on it again, SOMETIMES I can then move it with the mouse, and sometimes I can't. Seems random.

The B33 release thread is very long, so one might be excused from not having read through the whole thing. Perhaps a closed sticky of each current release with the known bugs listed would be a better reference. That way it's not cluttered with comments.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Return to “MapTool”