MapTool 1.3 Development Build 34

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3 Development Build 34

Post by trevor »

The "Contributions continue while critical bugs are being squashed" build aka "I couldn't think of a better title at the momenr" build

Build 34
* Chinese translation (Contributed by angelcat)
* Make one-one-one pathing more astheticly pleasing
* Holding CTRL while holding SHIFT Right/Left arrow rotates token at small increments (Contributed by Phergus)
* Burst template (Contributed by Jay)

* Fix bug: stamp selection inconsistencies
* Fix bug: campaign states breaks old campaign files (Contributed by Phergus)

Contributed by Ryss
* Make the selection tab work whenever a token is selected via any method (in b33, this only worked with left mouse button selection)
* Make the selection tab work with arbitrary number of tokens.
* Left and right padding of macro buttons have been reduced to better utilize
* If more than one token are selected, display all of their common macros
* Pressing a common macro button makes every token that has the macro execute it (Hurray! You can roll mass saves!)
* If a token doesn’t have any macros defined on it then the button group says "None" instead of a blank subgroup
* If selected tokens don’t have any common macros, the common subgroup says "None" instead of silently disappearing. NOTE: Tokens are considered to have shared macros if (some of) their macro names are the same. Macro bodies can be different.

* Bug fix: Respect token ownership policy when showing selected tokens' macros (if you are using strict token ownership). Previously you could see the macros even when you didn't have the permission.
* Bug fix: When quitting MT via File->Exit, selecting "Cancel" did make you quit regardless and lose your changes.
* Bug fix: Firing a macro off from the selection tab now has access to the token's properties data. If the necessary property is empty, MT will prompt you for the missing value for each token that is missing the property.
* Bug fix: If you are a GM then the tokens you select will have their GM Name attached to the macro button group instead of their public name if they have their GM Name set.
* Bug fix: Previously if you were impersonating a token, it didn’t reset on campaign load. Now if you load a campaign, the chat panel stops impersonating.

NOTES:

* This build is primarily to fix several critical bugs in b33, please use this version instead of b33
* This build has not been extensively tested, please let use know if you run into any oddities by posting into this thread
* Thanks again to all the contributors, it's been fantastic
* All the other features that didn't make it into b33 are still being worked on, look for them in b35
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Yayyyyyyyyy Team! :D

Pssst.....Trevor. Just a little request. Do you think you could slip in the bigger portrait image back in like it was before? I'm not sure what the official name of it is, but I'm talking about the image that pops up when you mouse-over a token. It used to be bigger, and I kinda miss having the larger image.
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:Yayyyyyyyyy Team! :D

Pssst.....Trevor. Just a little request. Do you think you could slip in the bigger portrait image back in like it was before? I'm not sure what the official name of it is, but I'm talking about the image that pops up when you mouse-over a token. It used to be bigger, and I kinda miss having the larger image.
I'll put in a preference that will let you pick the size you want :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Thanks a ton for that Trevor! So far, b34 is working much better with the Macro tabs! I'm off to try and break it now! :D
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Sweet!

And Man, Ryss' section is huge.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Thank you so much Trevor for fixing that 1-1-1 movement! WOOOT!

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

thelevitator wrote:Thanks a ton for that Trevor! So far, b34 is working much better with the Macro tabs! I'm off to try and break it now! :D
You break it, you buy it mate.
:P

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Light and sight settings still don't retain the order in which the users input the settings.

[Edit: Never mind. Clear all only appears when a token actually has light. :oops: ]

kat2cute
Dragon

Post by kat2cute »

I think the new burst template is slightly broken. for starters, it counts in every grid as 1, rather than using the default preference set (mine is 5 ft/grid). So it says 4 instead of 20. Second, it doesn't stick around after the initial drawing like the rest of the templates do. Is that purposeful, or a bug?

Nice improvement for the 1-1-1 movement and the macro panel.
Quote from an underwater D&D fight:
Alright fighter, it's your turn. What do you do?
Fighter: What do you think I do? I FAIL MY F**KING SWIM CHECK

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

kat2cute wrote:I think the new burst template is slightly broken. for starters, it counts in every grid as 1, rather than using the default preference set (mine is 5 ft/grid). So it says 4 instead of 20. Second, it doesn't stick around after the initial drawing like the rest of the templates do. Is that purposeful, or a bug?

It also seems to have odd visual behavior on small-sized tokens.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

kat2cute wrote:I think the new burst template is slightly broken. for starters, it counts in every grid as 1, rather than using the default preference set (mine is 5 ft/grid). So it says 4 instead of 20. Second, it doesn't stick around after the initial drawing like the rest of the templates do. Is that purposeful, or a bug?

For the former, it's showing the size in squares, not distance. For D&D, at least this is correct. This brought up a point yesterday with my first players where in 4E, you speed is listed as per squares, while map tool calculates the distance of squares times square size.

As for the template not staying, thats an undocumented feature 8)

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

I believe it is a bug. I briefly looked over the code for it last night but didn't spot what was wrong with it. As the tooltip text and instruction text also wasn't updated for it I wasn't real sure what it was supposed to do.

I imagine that Jay will get that fixed for next build.

Cutter
Kobold

Post by Cutter »

It was mentioned above but the tooltip and instructions need to be set up for the new burst template. It displaying the defaults at the moment.

And yes I think this should be inline with the other templates where range is multiplied by grid units. If we want it do display in squares for D&D we can just set the grid size to one instead of 5.

Nice work though.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Looking good!

Got the token right-click back, and Campaign Properties... Now I can add some new token properties ;)

A general UI request. Would be nice if the cursor changed to an hourglass (or some other appropriate icon) whenever MT is doing something that prevents interaction with the GUI, such as saving the campaign, exporting the screenshots, etc.

Nice work all!
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

Phergus wrote:
I believe it is a bug. I briefly looked over the code for it last night but didn't spot what was wrong with it. As the tooltip text and instruction text also wasn't updated for it I wasn't real sure what it was supposed to do.

I imagine that Jay will get that fixed for next build.
I've fixed all of the reported bugs except the one that keeps the template from drawing on the second left click. I don't know why that is happening there yet as it works fine in my development environment.

Return to “Announcements”