HTML Export

Discussion of initiative tool.

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

HTML Export

Post by Steel Rat »

Howdy.

Been using InitTool again and loving the HTML export.

One request, however.

I tend to use this to paste into an existing post on a forum (I export to clipboard). The HTML, and BODY tags (and the tags in the header area) don't work well in that situation. Would it be possible to place the style settings inline instead of outside the body area? Basically I have to strip out everything except the stuff between the body tags. But I'd love to keep the style formatting.

I certainly don't want this done just for me, so if anyone else would find this useful, please speak up here.

Thanks!

Jeff
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: HTML Export

Post by jfrazierjr »

Steel Rat wrote:Howdy.

Been using InitTool again and loving the HTML export.

One request, however.

I tend to use this to paste into an existing post on a forum (I export to clipboard). The HTML, and BODY tags (and the tags in the header area) don't work well in that situation. Would it be possible to place the style settings inline instead of outside the body area? Basically I have to strip out everything except the stuff between the body tags. But I'd love to keep the style formatting.

I certainly don't want this done just for me, so if anyone else would find this useful, please speak up here.

Thanks!

Jeff
Sure, would be a nice option, though I would prefer it to be just that, an option. Having inline css can really make for file bloat depending how much formatting there is (which I don't know.)

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Re: HTML Export

Post by Steel Rat »

jfrazierjr wrote:Sure, would be a nice option, though I would prefer it to be just that, an option. Having inline css can really make for file bloat depending how much formatting there is (which I don't know.)

Joe
Absolutely.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Return to “InitiativeTool”