Keep on the Shadowfell

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

As in how do you get the campaign to load, or how do you use the macros or what?

As far as the campaign itself, just download it and from maptools choose "File>>Open Campaign" and choose the downloaded file.

Sutherlands
Kobold

Post by Sutherlands »

So I've downloaded the campaign, and tried to open it with MapTool, but it says "Could not load campaign: com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianProtocolException: unknown code:P"

(Earlier I had downloaded the other the .rar file from the other thread and didn't know what to do with that since it didn't have a campaign file in it.)

edit: So I guess I also have the question about how to use the rktok files. I couldn't get MapTool to want to use them.

wetware1967
Kobold

Post by wetware1967 »

Check the version number of MapTools you're using..... Version: 1.3.b39 doesn't work with the file.... You may need to go back to Version: 1.3.b38.

Also, as a new user. I was stymied trying to find maps for the other encounters from KotSF.....Look for the 'globe' icon in the upper right corner of the interface. That's where you will find the other maps and images.

odinseye
Kobold

Post by odinseye »

I was trying to get this maps to load into MapTool and when I surfed to the location that I have the download I dont see it there to select it to go into MapTool, is that because I am using version 39?
It's Your Game! http://mydndgame.com/

odinseye
Kobold

Post by odinseye »

nvm I see it now, I guess I am supposed to close out map tool when I dl a new file and then restart it to get it to show up??

fiddletwix
Kobold

Traps

Post by fiddletwix »

On the pit traps in area 1 and area 10, they are shaded red. How do you get them not to show for players? This might be my inexperience with Maptools showing but I can't get it so that the DM seems the traps and the players dont.

edit: btw, I'm using b39 and I've tried to click select the traps on using token, hidden, object and background layers.

odinseye
Kobold

Re: Traps

Post by odinseye »

fiddletwix wrote:On the pit traps in area 1 and area 10, they are shaded red. How do you get them not to show for players? This might be my inexperience with Maptools showing but I can't get it so that the DM seems the traps and the players dont.

edit: btw, I'm using b39 and I've tried to click select the traps on using token, hidden, object and background layers.
thats weird that you are able to even open the file using b39 and I cant.

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

fiddletwix wrote:On the pit traps in area 1 and area 10, they are shaded red. How do you get them not to show for players? This might be my inexperience with Maptools showing but I can't get it so that the DM seems the traps and the players dont.

If they're tokens just select them, go to the last tab and select "hidden"

fiddletwix
Kobold

Post by fiddletwix »

odinseye wrote:

thats weird that you are able to even open the file using b39 and I cant.
I've had no problems opening it on my mac and on windows.
If they're tokens just select them, go to the last tab and select "hidden"
There's no way that I can tell to select them, not as a token, hidden, object or background item.

Goumindong
Giant

Post by Goumindong »

I opened it up and it looks like a drawing. You might have to delete it by drawing over it. Then make a trap token that you can hide and add all the relevant stats.

hennebeck
Dragon

Post by hennebeck »

My suggestion, unless you are running this tonight is wait for UntoldGlory to come around and help.
I'm sure he's got this figured out when he built this.

fiddletwix
Kobold

Post by fiddletwix »

well, I assume it was a drawing so I drew over it as the earlier suggestion. I would love to know what the red area is(drawing, object, etc)

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Hey guys, sorry to miss the questions but I move cross country in a couple days and have only been skimming the forums. Luckily Hennebeck is watching your back and pm'd me.

Okay, first off, version.

I would suggest using b38 to run the module. It *should* load just fine in b39, but some (most) of the macros will be broken.

As far as the red drawings over pit traps and the like go, they are drawn on the hidden layer, which means only people logged in as GM should see them. They are reminders to the GM that there is something there that the players don't automactically notice, but could prove important. It's just a drawing, and if you want to erase it, go to the hidden layer and shift-draw a filled box over it or something. But again, your players *shouldn't* be able to see it.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Ha! Great minds think alike I guess - I've been doing the same thing in my maps.
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Yeah, it's darn handy.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”