Default Campaign Properties

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
SDShannonS
Giant

Default Campaign Properties

Post by SDShannonS »

I may have missed it somewhere but is there a way to set the default campaign properties? I don't mean setting the campaign properties for a given campaign, I mean setting the default properties so you don't have to set them all over again every time you create a new campaign file. I searched and searched but couldn't find a way to do this.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

Naryt
Dragon

Re: Default Campaign Properties

Post by Naryt »

SDShannonS wrote:I may have missed it somewhere but is there a way to set the default campaign properties? I don't mean setting the campaign properties for a given campaign, I mean setting the default properties so you don't have to set them all over again every time you create a new campaign file. I searched and searched but couldn't find a way to do this.
Not yet but in the works. In the mean time, export the properties you like and either import them into your new campaign OR make a blank campaign with the properties you want and use it as a template for making new campaigns.
A wandering lost soul

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Default Campaign Properties

Post by jfrazierjr »

SDShannonS wrote:I may have missed it somewhere but is there a way to set the default campaign properties? I don't mean setting the campaign properties for a given campaign, I mean setting the default properties so you don't have to set them all over again every time you create a new campaign file. I searched and searched but couldn't find a way to do this.
No, the Basic properties you see when you first load Maptool are build directly via the java code. When you start a new campaign, the code just rebuilds it exactly as you see it. Trevor has noted something about making this externalized to a file instead of hard coding it in the java code, but thats probably low on the list with 1.3 winding down.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “MapTool”