Keep on the Shadowfell

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Marty Jopson
Cave Troll

Post by Marty Jopson »

Hi UG - I am about to run with your scenario pack - somewhat modified as I could not help fiddling with the maps and graphics.

My question: can I run this with b41? It would be nice to use the initiative tracker, but pen and paper will suffice :)

Jibberman
Kobold

Post by Jibberman »

I tried the campaign with b40, and as UG said alot of the macros for the monsters were broken, most likely due to syntax changes that were made. The affected macros are the skill check macros, the take healing/damage macros (don't apply states anymore), and the stat check macros.

Thankfully, the important (and more annoying to fix) macros that have the monster's individual attacks still seem to work.

Now, before I go and try and fix the macros by fixing one token, then copying the new macros to all the tokens on that map, and then repeating the process for every map.. is there a more elegant way of doing this that I'm not aware of? Some sort of "Copy Macro to all tokens in file" command?

Marty Jopson
Cave Troll

Post by Marty Jopson »

OK - so scroll back to b38 as suggested. Is this a stable build with no massive bugs in it? Or should I back track further? I have been setting stuff up with b35 I think, and that seems to be OK - but then I was not running a server or anything like that.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I've been running it in b38 for quite a while now, it appears to be the best build for the module.

Jibberman
Kobold

Post by Jibberman »

But.. but.. 8 Players.. need Init window.

:shock:

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Heh, sorry. I *may* update it, but I just moved in to a new place 1.3k miles from my old one, have unpacking to do, and start a new job on tuesday, so I'm a bit busy.

Jibberman
Kobold

Post by Jibberman »

Heh.. no worries man. I'll probably end up fixing it myself, once I figure out a reasonable method to do so. Something that doesn't require myself going in and fixing every token by hand.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Cool, if you do, post it somewhere or email it to me. I don't care which, just so long as it's available for people (myself included!) :P

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Marty Jopson wrote:Hi UG
Ya gotta love the Internet - a man chooses a grand name for himself, and within days it is shortened to a literal grunt. ;)
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

lulz

Happens on every board I go to as well, but my username is almost never taken, so I don't mind.

Marty Jopson
Cave Troll

Post by Marty Jopson »

Sorry about that - I had reduced myself to almost incoherent grunts when I wrote that. So UG seemed appropriate :)

vinny9
Kobold

Question

Post by vinny9 »

This is awesome but I have what might be a newbie question. My group doesn't like to see the stats for the monsters. How can I hide the statsheets from them?

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

They shouldn't be able to see the stats as long as you use "Strict token ownership" when you start the server.

vinny9
Kobold

Ah

Post by vinny9 »

Ah, cool. I was messing with the Campaign Properties and still couldn't get it to work like I wanted. Didn't realise that I needed to start the Server with that option. Great help and outstanding work on the campaign.

Saagael
Giant

Post by Saagael »

Another solution, Vinny, is to change the "@" symbol in front of the properties in your campaign preferences (under the "monster" tab) to a "#". I don't like using the strict token ownership, because the players I have like the extra freedom, but I also didn't want to the stats visible, so I found this solution works.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”