MapTool 1.3 Development Build 41

New build announcements plus site news and changes.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Craig

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

wrathchild wrote:
hennebeck wrote:OK...

SPILL IT!!!

What's the big secret with b42?

I've been waiting patiently, but now it's been days, and I NEED TO KNOW.

Thank you. That is all.
I'll give you a hint: What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
ooo oooo oooo I know this!

--
Big Mac

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

Big_Mac wrote:
wrathchild wrote:

SPILL IT!!!

Thank you. That is all.
I'll give you a hint: What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
ooo oooo oooo I know this!

So now you know the answer, but not the question.

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

I have multiple token that are invisible to player. If I select them all, right-click and select "Visible to players", they all appear. If I go in the Edit Token windows and click "Visible to players" only one token becomes visible.

Also, I found out that double-clicking on tokens only brings the Edit token window on half of them. The other half makes a blank window appears with nothing but the title. But if I right-click and select Edit, the window properly appears.

--mixtr

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Mixtr wrote:I have multiple token that are invisible to player. If I select them all, right-click and select "Visible to players", they all appear. If I go in the Edit Token windows and click "Visible to players" only one token becomes visible.
That standard right click functionality, to be able to set a defined property on the right click and have it apply to all selected. The Right click edit will only edit the properties of either the first or last token.
Mixtr wrote:Also, I found out that double-clicking on tokens only brings the Edit token window on half of them. The other half makes a blank window appears with nothing but the title. But if I right-click and select Edit, the window properly appears.

--mixtr
Not sure on this one. could be a memory/refresh issue.
--
Big Mac

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

SPILL IT!!!

Thank you. That is all.
The reason no one is saying is because it may not actually make it into b42. Basically, there is a some frameworks stuff checked in that will become a feature at some point. It's like of like having a chasis for a car, but it aint worth much of anything until it has a motor, tires, steering wheel, etc. Right now, the feature is not complete (as least not as far as I know, but that may be due to documentation of HOW to use it.), and might not be for several versions. For that matter, it is possible that RL will happen and it might not make it into 1.3 at all.

Here is a hint: Average end users will use this feature without knowing it(assuming the community does their part), but developers will have tons of fun tricks to play and use this feature quite a bit, constantly playing and tweaking stuff.

Hint 2: giliath is working on this feature and he normally works on the parser, ie, things dealing with how macros and rolls and stuff are ultimately resolved. This is not much of hint since it was already stated that he was doing the work and to those that have been around a while, it's pretty obvious what area of the code he generally deals with.

Unfortunately, I can say that it is NOT targeting, which I would dearly love to have. Of course, the build has not gone out yet, so someone might submit a patch tonight to add targeting and make me a liar.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

SPILL IT!!!

Thank you. That is all.
The reason no one is saying is because it may not actually make it into b42. Basically, there is a some frameworks stuff checked in that will become a feature at some point. It's like of like having a chasis for a car, but it aint worth much of anything until it has a motor, tires, steering wheel, etc. Right now, the feature is not complete (as least not as far as I know, but that may be due to documentation of HOW to use it.), and might not be for several versions. For that matter, it is possible that RL will happen and it might not make it into 1.3 at all.

Here is a hint: Average end users will use this feature without knowing it(assuming the community does their part), but developers will have tons of fun tricks to play and use this feature quite a bit, constantly playing and tweaking stuff.

Hint 2: giliath is working on this feature and he normally works on the parser, ie, things dealing with how macros and rolls and stuff are ultimately resolved. This is not much of hint since it was already stated that he was doing the work and to those that have been around a while, it's pretty obvious what area of the code he generally deals with.

Unfortunately, I can say that it is NOT targeting, which I would dearly love to have. Of course, the build has not gone out yet, so someone might submit a patch tonight to add targeting and make me a liar.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

Big_Mac wrote:
Mixtr wrote:Also, I found out that double-clicking on tokens only brings the Edit token window on half of them. The other half makes a blank window appears with nothing but the title. But if I right-click and select Edit, the window properly appears.

--mixtr
When I set tokens on a map and double-click on them, it always happen on the same one.
--mixtr

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Mixtr wrote:
Big_Mac wrote:

--mixtr
When I set tokens on a map and double-click on them, it always happen on the same one.
Ah, This token is it just from the image repository or is it a save token with the RPTOK. If it is an RPTOK it could be incompatible with the current version.
--
Big Mac

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

Big_Mac wrote:Ah, This token is it just from the image repository or is it a save token with the RPTOK. If it is an RPTOK it could be incompatible with the current version.
Both in fact. Simple png files I import as tokens and saved token with previous version AND current version.
--mixtr

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

Mixtr wrote:
Big_Mac wrote:Ah, This token is it just from the image repository or is it a save token with the RPTOK. If it is an RPTOK it could be incompatible with the current version.
Both in fact. Simple png files I import as tokens and saved token with previous version AND current version.
Okay HELP!!! hehe I am at the end of my ability to help.
--
Big Mac

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Mixtr wrote: Also, I found out that double-clicking on tokens only brings the Edit token window on half of them. The other half makes a blank window appears with nothing but the title. But if I right-click and select Edit, the window properly appears.
Note that the edit token will only ever work with a single token.

That said, it's odd that the window shows up empty half the time. What operating system are you using ? Which version of java ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote: The reason no one is saying is because it may not actually make it into b42.
And it probably won't be officially in b42, but I have it on good authority that it's not far from completion :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

trevor wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote: The reason no one is saying is because it may not actually make it into b42.
And it probably won't be officially in b42, but I have it on good authority that it's not far from completion :)
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

Big_Mac
Dragon

Post by Big_Mac »

BigO wrote:
trevor wrote:
DRINK!!!
--
Big Mac

Mixtr
Kobold

Post by Mixtr »

trevor wrote:That said, it's odd that the window shows up empty half the time. What operating system are you using ? Which version of java ?
I'using java 1.6.0_07 on Linux 2.6.26. But, it could just be a "feature" of java as described by another company when things don't act as they should... 8)
--mixtr

Return to “Announcements”