buld failure with svn

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
JoeNotCharles
Kobold

buld failure with svn

Post by JoeNotCharles »

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask for development help - I didn't see a better forum.

I checked out maptool/trunk and common.build/trunk from svn, and install ant and the pack200 task. When I type "ant" everything seems to build ok but the packaging step fails with:

repacking src=/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar to /home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200] Building: /home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200fs] Repack with Pack200
[pack200fs] Source File :/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200fs] Dest. File :/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200fs] java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar.tmp (No such file or directory)

/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/ exists but doesn't contain a javadoc subdir.

Any idea how to fix this?

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: buld failure with svn

Post by jfrazierjr »

JoeNotCharles wrote:Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask for development help - I didn't see a better forum.

I checked out maptool/trunk and common.build/trunk from svn, and install ant and the pack200 task. When I type "ant" everything seems to build ok but the packaging step fails with:

repacking src=/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar to /home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200] Building: /home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200fs] Repack with Pack200
[pack200fs] Source File :/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200fs] Dest. File :/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar
[pack200fs] java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/javadoc/commons-beanutils-1.8.0-javadoc.jar.tmp (No such file or directory)

/home/jnc/rpg/maptool/src/maptool/tmp/lib/ exists but doesn't contain a javadoc subdir.

Any idea how to fix this?
Don't build it with Ant. That's just used by the devs to package everything up for release. Go look on the development Note thread and there is a sticky for how to set up the dev Env (in Eclipse).
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

JoeNotCharles
Kobold

Post by JoeNotCharles »

I don't see any stickies there - can you give me a link to the post you're talking about?

I got around my problem for now by deleting lib/src and lib/javadoc, BTW, but that's obviously not the "right" thing to do.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

JoeNotCharles wrote:I don't see any stickies there - can you give me a link to the post you're talking about?

I got around my problem for now by deleting lib/src and lib/javadoc, BTW, but that's obviously not the "right" thing to do.
Opps Sorry.. its under General Discussion: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=421
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmmm, the src and javadoc files should be ignored, perhaps I haven't checked in my tweaks yet.

If you are just trying to get the source to compile, I just have eclipse build it for me (doesn't use ant).

The ant tasks are primarily used to do the packaging for release. Development just uses the IDE to keep things built.

Let me know if you need a hand getting that set up.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “MapTool”