4E macro for Darkspiral Aura

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Alphastream
Kobold

4E macro for Darkspiral Aura

Post by Alphastream »

Warlocks with the Dark pact curse things. When a cursed creature dies, the DarkSpiral Aura gains a point. Points can increase to any number.

Then, when the warlock is attacked, they attack for 1d6 for each point.

If the damage is 12 or more, the target is weakened and the Darkspiral Aura resets to 1.

If the damage is less than 12, the aura resets to 0.

Any ideas how to set this up as a macro without too much work?

Thanks!

PyroMancer2k
Dragon

Post by PyroMancer2k »

It depends on what token properties you have. But as a general low complexity setup I'd go with something simple like so.

Macro One: You gain a DA Point

Code: Select all

[DarkSpiralAura = DarkSpiralAura + 1] 
Macro Two: Use the DA Effect

[H:DamageDone = 0]
[h,c(DarkSpiralAura): DamageDone = DamageDone + 1d6]
[H:DarkSpiralAura = if(DamageDone >= 12, 1, 0)]
<B>[DamageDone] Damage Done!<B>
That's just the simply way. Personally I'd do it in one macro with an input prompt to either use or add to it. As well as the StrProp to save on variable count on the token. ;)

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

Well, my wife uses a dark pact warlock. She doesn't like pop-ups so We use three different macros for her dark pact. Since we use TK's token properties that you can find in this very User Creations forum, we decided to use "Description" for the variable that would be housing the darkspiral aura count during any encounter.

[Description = Description + 1]
This macro will start counting your darkspiral aura. Each time a creature you have cursed is redurced to 0 hp during a combat encounter, click on this macro.

[Total=eval( Description + "d6" )] [h: Description=if(Total>=13,1,0)]
This is the macro that will use the darkspiral aura. When a creature deals damage to you, click on this macro to return the favor. The first bracket set evaluates the darkspiral aura damage. It will roll a d6 for each point of darkspiral aura and add them together. The next braken determines if the damage is 13 and over (at which point it set the darkspiral aura to 1) or under 13 (which sets the darkspiral aura to 0).

[Description = 0]
This macro resets the darkspiral aura to 0, for times like short or extended rests.

Now, if you want the macros with flavor text and stuff that my wife uses, they are below.

Darkspiral Aura is now [Description = Description + 1].

<table border="0" width=100%><tr bgcolor="Green"><td><span style="color:white"><b>Darkspiral Aura</b>  (immediate interrupt; at-will)<b> &#149; Necrotic, Psychic</b><tr><td> [Total=eval( Description + "d6" )] [h: Description=if(Total>=13,1,0)]necrotic and psychic damage. <br>
{if(Total>=13," Darkspiral Aura set to 1 "," Darkspiral Aura set to 0 ")}</td></tr></table>

Darkspiral Aura is now [Description = 0].

Alphastream
Kobold

Post by Alphastream »

Awesome! I really appreciate this. I have it up and working with my own text.

Thanks for walking me through this.

emperor799
Cave Troll

Post by emperor799 »

Works great, thanks!

Please also share her Darklock power macros! :D
Campaign File Headquarters - Please share your Living and Retail campaign files to make it easier for others to DM! - discussion here

Alphastream
Kobold

Post by Alphastream »

I've found there are lots of powers based on a campaign file requirement. I didn't really want to do that. I went with my darkspiral being based off of "Description", as suggested, as it is core. My powers are also based off of not using special campaign file Properties. I copied from the nice formatting others have set up to have the powers look like the PH, but I amended that to include a custom quote and to shorten the style somewhat.

Here is an example for Eldritch Blast, which is a simple power and which all Warlocks will have:

<table><tr><td><span><b> Eldritch Blast -  Warlock (All) Attack 1</b></span></td></tr>
<tr><td><span><i>"Dodge this!”</i> - Zelendri Xorlarrin</span></td></tr>
<tr><td> At-Will &#149;  Arcane, Implement
<br> Std Action     Ranged 10.     Target: One creature [insert_crtr_name]<br>
<b>Attack:</b> vs Ref: [1d20+5+PrimeShot]. Crit on 25.</td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Dmg:</b>
[H: Cursedmg = (1d6)*Cursed]
[H: CritCursedmg = 6*Cursed]
[1d10+5+(Cursedmg)]. If Crit: [1d6+15+CritCursedmg].</td></tr></table>
I use a couple of variables there.
- insert_crtr_name is used to type in the name of the target, simplifying things for the DM. This saves you separately writing "I attack x" before running the macro. I should probably change the color or bold the name. Hmmm... something can always be improved!
- PrimeShot can be used by entering a value of "1" in the pop-up when you run the macro. It is perfect for the +1 to hit from Prime Shot, but can be used for any other bonuses to attack (Warlord, etc.).
- Cursed is used as an on/off switch for whether the target is cursed. 1d6 is multiplied by the number you enter. So, if the target is not cursed, leave the value at 0 and no damage will be added. If you enter "1", then 1d6 bonus damage is added to the damage.
- Cursed is called up a second time for the calculation of the damage on a critical. While the critical cursed damage is 6, we still need a "1" to apply it. I'm not sure if there is a better way to do this without a custom Property. For now, this works. I would be interested in a better way.

Also note that I state my critical to-hit value in non-variable way. Normally, a 25 would be a crit. However, with prime shot or other bonuses, a 25 may still not represent a nat 20. As long as you are aware of this, you basically know you don't need to do the math if it is less than 25, and if it is 25 or more, it may be a crit depending on attack bonuses you entered. I find it useful, but you can remove it if you don't like it.

Here's a more complex one for my daily:

<table><tr><td><span><b> Your Glorious Sacrifice -  Warlock (Dark) Attack 1</b></span></td></tr><tr><td><span><i>"I assure you, this is the best course of action.”</i> - Zelendri Xorlarrin</span></td></tr>
<tr><td> Daily &#149;  Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Poison<br> Std Action     Ranged 10.    Target: One creature [insert_crtr_name]<br>
<b>Effect:</b> May deal 4 dmg to adjacent ally to gain +2 to the attack.<br>
<b>Attack:</b> vs. Fort [1d20 + 5 + PrimeShot]. Crit on 25.<br></td></tr><tr><td><b>Dmg:</b> 
[H: Cursedmg = (1d6)*Cursed]
[H: CritCursedmg = 6*Cursed]
[3d8 + 5 + Cursedmg] Necrotic dmg. If ally took damage, target also takes 7 ongoing Poison dmg.<br>
If Crit, dmg is [29 + 1d6 + CritCursedmg]</td></tr></table>
Very similar, just dealing with the option of doing damage to an ally. I could treat it like Cursed and have a variable for whether the ally took damage, but since dailies don't come up so often, this has been good enough. I ask the ally before I run the power. (Could even make a macro for that and use an existing property to store their response...)

Here are the two drow encounter racial powers:

<table><tr><td><span><b> Cloud of Darkness -  Drow Racial Power</b></span></td></tr>
<tr><td><span><i>"The cat will toy with the mouse.”</i> - Zelendri Xorlarrin</span></td></tr>
<tr><td> Minor Action     Close Burst 1. <br>
<b>Effect:</b> Burst creates darkness until end of turn. Blocks line of sight, squares totally obscured, and creatures entirely within are blinded until they exit.  Zelendri is immune to these effects.</td></tr></table>

<table><tr><td><span><b> Darkfire -  Drow Racial Power</b></span></td></tr>
<tr><td><span><i>"I am afraid you will find it was unwise to draw my attention.”</i> - Zelendri Xorlarrin</span></td></tr>
<tr><td>Minor Action     Ranged 10. <br>
<b>Attack:</b> vs Ref: [1d20+8+PrimeShot]. <br>
<b>Hit:</b> Until end of Zelendri's next turn, all attacks against the target have combat advantage, and the target cannot benefit from invisibility or concealment.</td></tr></table>
Hopefully these are useful. If there are ideas for improving, please post back.

Teos
Zelendri Xorlarrin, Drow Dark Pact Warlock

Return to “User Creations”