D&D4e Sunday 8:30 central

Moderator: AsherM

AsherM
Cave Troll

Re: D&D4e Sunday 8:30 central

Post by AsherM »

Palmer, definitely hope you can make it. If not, I'll turn Kava over to someone else for the day if that's ok with you.

Also, if any of you are going to have a few minutes tomorrow to try to connect to the server, drop me a line. I think I got the latest server issue resolved but want to give it a shot before sunday if at all possible.

AsherM
Cave Troll

Post by AsherM »

BTW FiveMonkeys, Itz is already proficient with broadsword as it is a military heavy blade. No need to take the weapon proficiency feat.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

Oh, sorry, I meant Bastard Sword. The +3 prof, 1d10 damage thing. It's superior.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

As long as they don't kill him, it's fine :)

My net is working now... but the major issue is that it has been intermittent, so I can't guarantee. So it's just a heads-up.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

By the way, I've updated Itz's sheet, replacing his Daily with Dimensional Thunder. Can't wait to try it out, looks like a really fun power.

Re: the Warding house rule, the only thing that bothers me about it is that it basically dooms Itz to taking -2 to AC for drinking a potion. And that just seems... odd to me, I don't know. An important thing to remember is that Swordmages also lose their Warding if they're not holding a heavy or light blade. So a sword-and-board figher could sheath their weapon as a minor action, take out a potion as a minor, and drink it as a minor. Their next turn, they could draw their weapon again as a minor and attack as normal. They'd have their full AC and defenses while they drank, and wouldn't really miss out on much at all. Sure, they miss out on an attack, but that's true of almost any character that chooses to spend their turn drinking a potion.

Itz wouldn't have that option. He could either grab the potion for a -2 to AC, or sheath his weapon for a -3 to AC. Like I said, I can live with this, and I'm sure the other players are getting sick of me cluttering the thread with my whining... but the idea that drinking a potion somehow weakens a Swordmage still seems weird to me. Heh... I'm really wishing I hadn't brought it up at all. Ideally, I'd like it if the Warding just worked as written, under the agreement that I wouldn't abuse it with the weaksauce 'versatile' trick, or any other such nonsense.

AsherM
Cave Troll

Post by AsherM »

Excellent. Once your 1H weapon starts being treated as a 2H weapon for attack purposes, it will be treated as a 2H weapon for defense purposes. Otherwise, we can forget all this.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

That sounds great, AsherM.
Just a heads up, though... I'm trying to join the server right now, and I'm having the same problem I had last time, with it refusing my connection. Is it not officially up yet? Or is this another technical problem?
EDIT: Yeah... it's still not letting me in. Anyone else having trouble?
DOUBLE EDIT: Forgot this was Central time. Heh, I'm an idiot. Sorry.

AsherM
Cave Troll

Post by AsherM »

Server should be up. Let me know if problems ASAP so I can switch computers.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

I see two AshersGame servers, neither of which I can connect to.
Last edited by Five_Monkeys on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Connection refused...

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

I'm in.

Five_Monkeys
Cave Troll

Post by Five_Monkeys »

Anybody else just get dumped?

AsherM
Cave Troll

Post by AsherM »

Hi all. Forgot to mention you each got 150 xp last week. I expect you'll all level after this week's session. See you Sunday (and remember the clock change).

AsherM
Cave Troll

Post by AsherM »

I think the server's up. Let the networking games begin.

palmer
Great Wyrm

Post by palmer »

Levelled up.
Utility Power: Create Opening from Martial Power. I mark an enemy, let it have a free shot at me (at -2), and let an adjacent ally shift their speed. Encounter.

Feat: Hurl Breath from Dragon 365. Dragon Breath power becomes Burst 2 within range 10. Sweet.

Working towards Polearm Momentum for Lv 4. Hehehe.

Token attached.
ETA: Reattached
Attachments
Kava Lv 2.zip
Kava, levelled up to Lv 2
(46.81 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by palmer on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Renwold”