Shackled City

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Blakey
Dragon

Shackled City

Post by Blakey »

Anyone made any efforts to put Shackled City into MT?

I have a friend who is going to DM it and am hoping to get him to use MT but I don't think he's got the time to build all the maps himself...

Cheers
Blakey
The guy in the green hat.

Jaxal1
Cave Troll

Post by Jaxal1 »

I have the hardcover, and I'm considering scanning and MTing it up, but I have too many other projects on my plate for this summer to deal with it right now, but it will happen when/if I start running it. So eventually.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Jaxal1 wrote:I have the hardcover, and I'm considering scanning and MTing it up, but I have too many other projects on my plate for this summer to deal with it right now, but it will happen when/if I start running it. So eventually.
Tell you what, I'm not playing football this weekend, You scan it and I will MT the Maps.

Glock-9mm (NZ)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

stefam
Cave Troll

Post by stefam »

OOOh! Please can I have some too! Shackled City will be my next campaign (light-years away at the rate my players are going...).

Please let us know what you have and where u post it! Thanks!

-Mike

PS - Making great strides on the Ravenloft download situation..... Should be able to host large files tomorrow... Then I'll post URL
It takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a Viking to raze a village.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Ok, Nvm... I will try and get to my old work this week and get them to just run through the Industrial Scanner.

I have a couple of questions though.

(1) Do we need to get permission from the publisher to MT it?
(2) Do you want the the text etc put into Pin Notes on the maps? (I'd rather not do this side of things, The maps are easy though.)

Regards
Glock-9mm
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Most people don't mind their maps being distributed but text is out of the question. That's my experience anyway.

Why not start by sticking the maps into MT and adding LBL and maybe objects if possible, but with no text.

Once that's been cracked we can see about the text.

Good work Glock!

Pyrdacor
Cave Troll

Post by Pyrdacor »

Maps and much more are online at http://therpgenius.com/
So you just have to download the maps, put it in MT, put the tokens on it and last but not least: go play.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Pyrdacor wrote:Maps and much more are online at http://therpgenius.com/
So you just have to download the maps, put it in MT, put the tokens on it and last but not least: go play.
Will take me an hour or so to raid all the maps as each map has a 2nd step to do before you get the file.

I'll start getting them tonight.

Regards
Glock-9mm (NZ)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Blakey wrote:Most people don't mind their maps being distributed but text is out of the question. That's my experience anyway.

Why not start by sticking the maps into MT and adding LBL and maybe objects if possible, but with no text.

Once that's been cracked we can see about the text.

Good work Glock!
Be careful here. Distributing anything you didn't create is copyright violation unless you have permission. I'm a game publisher and would not want my published maps distributed, text or not.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Blakey
Dragon

Post by Blakey »

Steel Rat wrote:Be careful here. Distributing anything you didn't create is copyright violation unless you have permission. I'm a game publisher and would not want my published maps distributed, text or not.
Very fair point, SR. Aren't the maps for SC freely available on the net already though?

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

No idea about SC. Though if they are it doesn't mean they were made available legally. Just because someone sticks them on a website doesn't mean they had permission.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Blakey wrote:
Steel Rat wrote:Be careful here. Distributing anything you didn't create is copyright violation unless you have permission. I'm a game publisher and would not want my published maps distributed, text or not.
Very fair point, SR. Aren't the maps for SC freely available on the net already though?
Blake, I leave it up to you to seek permission on MTing them for Redistribution.

I'm still MTing them anyway. lol, I can use them for when I run Shackeled City.

G-9mm
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)

Richard Weimer
Cave Troll

Post by Richard Weimer »

Since I'm currently running this campaign, I would definitely be interested if a MT version of the maps is available. Right now, I'm using the maps that I downloaded from www.therpgenius.com as well. I just haven't put them into MT yet (we're just starting, and I haven't found time to do so).

Let we/us know of the status of any legal issues of uploading MT versions of the maps for this campaign when you can.

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

I made my first try with MapTool for our current session of SCAP.
It is the Zenith Trajectory adventure, precisely the bhal-hamatugn maps.
I would gladly share this file but I don't know how to.
Can anybody give me a how to?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

simonutp wrote:I made my first try with MapTool for our current session of SCAP.
It is the Zenith Trajectory adventure, precisely the bhal-hamatugn maps.
I would gladly share this file but I don't know how to.
Can anybody give me a how to?
You can put it up into the gallery, just create yourself an account and upload it (instead of an image, just post the campaign file)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “User Creations”