AD&D (1e or 2e) Framework

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Big_Mac
Dragon

Re: AD&D (1e or 2e) Framework

Post by Big_Mac »

Thanks for the work here I will look around in it.
--
Big Mac

revenant
Kobold

Post by revenant »

Thank you @celestian, great stuff here and very handy for my team.
I will try to fix it for usage w my group.

skotkolr
Kobold

Post by skotkolr »

If you wish to, you can find Celestian over at Fantasy grounds these days.
zigged when he should have zagged.

skotkolr
Kobold

Post by skotkolr »

From The Github 3.1 file notes:
* not sure where it came from (new java, or my new install) but had to
fix a display issue for Equipment, Spells and Combat windows.
zigged when he should have zagged.

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

The framework stopped opening a character sheet from version 1.8.3, if I could fix it I would be very grateful, as I continue to use it today. Until version 1.6.1 of maptool was still working

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Could you upload one of your characters for us to look at? Our campaign has made a number of changes to the framework and uses it with 1.8.4.

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

So, I'm still using the original version, the only addition I did was to put a handout macro, it was working well until version 1.6.1, but when I switched to version 1.8.3 it stopped working. I'm quite a beginner with macros still
Attachments
Tomb of horrors.cmpgn
(42.52 MiB) Downloaded 29 times

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

if u can do the update i would be very grateful, because this version available on the forum does not work with version 1.8.4 of maptool

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I went ahead and replaced all the macro.args to arg(0) in the Core, Spells, Equipment and Skills libs. Not sure if more fixing is needed, but here is the update.

edit: Checked some things and the fix is more complicated than a simple find and replace. I'll see what I can do to update it.

Okay, this seems to be working.
ADnD 2e Framework 3.1 (MT 1.8.3 Compatible)

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

I swapped out your "Framework - Library" for mine and the character sheets are working properly. (Or seem to be.)

That said, we've made a number of other changes to the libraries (including adding an Experience bar to the character sheets), so if you want a more "vanilla" experience, you're probably better off with Mask's fix.

I didn't see your handouts macro (in casual scanning). Can you tell me which token it's on, and what it's called? It might be fun to include in our setup.

We're currently on 1.8.4

Good gaming!
Attachments
Tomb of horrors.cmpgn
(42.79 MiB) Downloaded 30 times

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

aliasmask wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:41 pm
I went ahead and replaced all the macro.args to arg(0) in the Core, Spells, Equipment and Skills libs. Not sure if more fixing is needed, but here is the update.

edit: Checked some things and the fix is more complicated than a simple find and replace. I'll see what I can do to update it.

Okay, this seems to be working.
ADnD 2e Framework 3.1 (MT 1.8.3 Compatible)
Thank you very much for your help, I am not good with programming but I work as hard as I can, but this update is way beyond what I can do for now. The equipment tab on the plug is still not opening, if possible to correct it, I would be very grateful. I made a complete Tomb of Horrors available in case you want to use it as a way to repay the help. Thanks!
Attachments
ADnD 2e Framework 3.1 (MT 1.8.3 Compatible) Tomb of horrors.cmpgn
(56.25 MiB) Downloaded 27 times

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

maddog wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm
I swapped out your "Framework - Library" for mine and the character sheets are working properly. (Or seem to be.)

That said, we've made a number of other changes to the libraries (including adding an Experience bar to the character sheets), so if you want a more "vanilla" experience, you're probably better off with Mask's fix.

I didn't see your handouts macro (in casual scanning). Can you tell me which token it's on, and what it's called? It might be fun to include in our setup.

We're currently on 1.8.4

Good gaming!
Thank you very much for your help, I found the new layout that you made and the color scheme very cool, it was much more current, in addition to the added ones as the possibility of testing the attributes that did not have in the original version, but the combat tab is not opening it still, if you have how to fix it I would be very grateful. About the handouts macro it is in the campaign macro window in item 3 "DM Tools" Token Handout. I got it from a Maptool discord member, very useful especially in this dungeon. I also made available the complete Tomb map that I made as a way to repay the aid. Thank you so much!
Attachments
Tomb of horrors complete.cmpgn
(57.97 MiB) Downloaded 36 times

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

Rodcout wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:17 pm
maddog wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm

We're currently on 1.8.4

Good gaming!
Thank you very much for your help, I found the new layout that you made and the color scheme very cool, it was much more current, in addition to the added ones as the possibility of testing the attributes that did not have in the original version, but the combat tab is not opening it still, if you have how to fix it I would be very grateful. About the handouts macro it is in the campaign macro window in item 3 "DM Tools" Token Handout. I got it from a Maptool discord member, very useful especially in this dungeon. I also made available the complete Tomb map that I made as a way to repay the aid. Thank you so much!
Attribute Skills checks are also not available and Proficiencies checks are returning error messages. If you can check it too, thank you

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Everything seems to be working with my update including equipment and skills. There are 4 lib tokens that I updated. My basic process to update was to replace all the macro.args with arg(0). Then I did a search for if(getStrProp(arg(0) and replace the arg(0) with myArgs and define myArgs = arg(0). Had to do that because the if() doesn't like multiple ()'s. Then I did a search for json.get(arg(0) and replace arg(0) back to macro.args because that was already done correctly, more or less.

I'm letting you know my process in case you want to replicate it because you don't want to mess with your other code changes. I use RPEdit drop-in to export and import all the macros from a lib token and then use notepad++ to make the changes to the macros.

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Thanks, Mask, for the update. I particularly appreciate your noting your use of RPEdit. I don't think I've used it before, and I'm going to try it now.

FWIW, I use Subversion with a MTMacro lexer that helps with code analysis. Since I'm on Linux, it's more convenient than Notepad++. I will definitely post my experiences with RPEdit.

Return to “User Creations”