AD&D (1e or 2e) Framework

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

Rodcout
Kobold

Re: AD&D (1e or 2e) Framework

Post by Rodcout »

I believe that the error I am identifying is because as I exported the dungeon map to the version with the corrections and in it my characters had added items and spells that were not in the original library, this must be causing the error. I will test doing these additions in the libraries, but these versions of you are too good.

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

In general, the items, etc., should be stored on tokens in the 'Framework - DB' map, which I didn't change. It's also possible that we've made some changes to the inventory library. We have identified some issues with items that include single quotes or commas in their names, and haven't gotten around to encoding all of the inputs to deal with that.

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

the changes I made from the inclusion of new spells, equipment and magic items were all using the macros of the framework itself, which make the inclusion in the Framework - DB, but when importing my map with the new cards into the original framework I thought that there could be this error note because when trying to open the file it searches the DB for information that does not exist and therefore generates an error message. I've seen it happen before.

as soon as I have some time I will test it, but this error is happening in these files that I made available to you with the complete Tomb of horros, since when I try to open the files of the characters that are from the original DB of the framework it works normally

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

One thing you can do is export your original and compare it to my updates. My changes changed I'm guessing about 200 lines in the core and maybe 100 in each of the other libs, so moving your changes to that lib or just go through the process I described before to get the 2 versions merged. If you feel it's a bit much for you I can probably make the merge.

If there is other data on your libs then you can export the updated macros only and import them to your original lib preserving the data.

I'll take the original cmpgn file maddog shared and see what I can do later.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

maddog wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:01 pm
Thanks, Mask, for the update. I particularly appreciate your noting your use of RPEdit. I don't think I've used it before, and I'm going to try it now.

FWIW, I use Subversion with a MTMacro lexer that helps with code analysis. Since I'm on Linux, it's more convenient than Notepad++. I will definitely post my experiences with RPEdit.
You seem like you know what you're doing and are using your framework regularly and without issue in the latest versions of MT. You might want to consider starting a new thread with support for your version as the new "goto" 1e/2e framework. Celestian no longer frequents these forums or supports this and a lot has changed with MT since he did... your version, apparently, had adapted and improved significantly along the way.

You might even want to open up a GitHub project for it. ;)

It just seems like with the original version, Alias' "fixed" version, and your version on the loose here things are going to get confusing for users.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Bleed, your comments are well taken, as well as somewhat flattering. I will look into that. My campaign file is something of a mess because it is an active campaign, but I'm getting better at isolating the crud from the stuff what works.

I will update my github project (fork of Celestian's) with my updates and then post a new thread about it.

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

maddog wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:00 pm
Bleed, your comments are well taken, as well as somewhat flattering. I will look into that. My campaign file is something of a mess because it is an active campaign, but I'm getting better at isolating the crud from the stuff what works.

I will update my github project (fork of Celestian's) with my updates and then post a new thread about it.
As soon as you can make your version available I will switch to yours. The layout is much better. But when I open the files of the characters that I had created for the 2nd edition, the combat part does not open, returning an error on the database.

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Rodcout, it is certainly true that our combat system is built on 1E. I don't have 2E source books, so I haven't even tried to work on that. (Plus, there's so much other work to do.)

It's very possible that our combat system is pulling from a separate library. I'll take a look at that and see. I am developing a somewhat parallel framework to try to streamline things.

I will check the map that you sent and check the combat tab of the character to see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Rodcout
Kobold

Post by Rodcout »

Rodcout wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:22 pm
maddog wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:00 pm

As soon as you can make your version available I will switch to yours. The layout is much better. But when I open the files of the characters that I had created for the 2nd edition, the combat part does not open, returning an error on the database.
Thanks for the answer, I don't know if that helps, but the Celestian version had 1ed's database. and 2ed. and a possibility to choose one or the other through a configuration available in the campaign macros, you may be able to take advantage of these features. What about the Handout macro you managed to locate?
Attachments
Capturar 3.JPG
Capturar 3.JPG (202.22 KiB) Viewed 6197 times
Capturar.JPG
Capturar.JPG (184.35 KiB) Viewed 6199 times
Capturar 2.JPG
Capturar 2.JPG (178.96 KiB) Viewed 6199 times

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

I'm actually rebuilding my machine right now due to an unfortunate occurrence during a drive upgrade. Fortunately, I had full backups from the day before.

In short, I haven't looked for the handout macro yet, but I will soon.

Since we have never played with the 2E ruleset it's very likely that we have made changes to the main library that breaks certain things in the 2E library. Again, I'll take a look to see if I can identify the culprit.

The jump to 1.8.4 took a lot of us by surprise, but I am blessed with a player who also likes mucking about in MT macros, so we've managed to keep a lot of things going.

VagariesOfFate
Kobold

Post by VagariesOfFate »

Hello all,

I'm in the process of compiling available resources (frameworks, content, tokens, etc) for MT in a central place and would like to link any repositories that have frameworks available, as well as host repos for any frameworks or content that needs a home.

I'll include links to anything (unless I get a complaint) but anything directly hosted in the compilation will need to be license compliant.

(I think it's the PF2e for your frameworks but I'd be open to helping figure out what the requirements are)

so if there is anyone who can help me gather the repos and links, please let me know here or in the MT Discord server.

The repo is here. https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... nd-content

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by VagariesOfFate on Tue May 11, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RPG Nexus MapTools repository. Check it out and contribute now

https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... nd-content

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

I don't think there's an open license for 1E materials. I could try to rejigger it for Old School or something — that should be pretty close.

We're finding that it's generally only breaking when we do something stupid, but that's often enough that I don't think it's really ready for prime time.

VagariesOfFate
Kobold

Post by VagariesOfFate »

Licensing is a wide and confusing world and I misspoke in the first place.

The PFSRD is for 3.5/PF1.

It took some hunting but there IS an open license for 1e, it's just not called AD&D.

OSRIC (Old School Reference & Index Compilation) is an OGL backwards adaption from the SRD that is 1e compatible. https://osricrpg.com/help.php?sc=1

By doing a little rebranding (changing the file name and references in the text), including the OGL info (there is discussion on work that way in the Discord), and checking for anything that might be IP in the framework, there shouldn't be any particular issues.

I'm an OOOLLLLD 1e player myself who REALLY wants to play but knows less than nothing about the framework building or how to code, so my contribution is gathering content. :)

In the next day or so I'll have spots setup in the repo for resource sharing like maps, tokens, complete one-shots if people have them kicking around.

I'd really like to put this framework up (I have Celestian's repo linked but that's an old framework from what I understand), either by providing a repo in the Nexus group or linking it if someone chose to put it up in another one. The repo address has been updated in the post above.
RPG Nexus MapTools repository. Check it out and contribute now

https://github.com/RPG-Nexus-VTT-Databa ... nd-content

rgwynnjr
Cave Troll

Post by rgwynnjr »

Working on cosmetic changes right now on the Aliasmask changed version of this framework, like the character sheet, plus it's functionality. I take no responsibility for data in the framework if not OSR version compliant since that was already there by the original maker of this framework.
Yeah... I'm a Druid. No... I don't hung trees, I kick a**.

maddog
Cave Troll

Post by maddog »

Given the activity, I exported a snapshot of the framework as it currently exists. We've done some updates with regard to token states that are timed. We did notice in our last session, after a 30+ round combat, that the combat macros weren't updating the time. Kind of a thing, but haven't gotten it fixed yet.

https://github.com/eCyclops/ADnD-2e-Framework

Current version is 3.1.1a

Return to “User Creations”