91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
popanas
Kobold

Re: 91.08 Pathfinder + D&D3.5 Framework

Post by popanas »

I've edited the content.xml directly for the last spot. I had to modify a lookuptable called SysLocale

It's working fine now.

Dougal
Cave Troll

Post by Dougal »

Love this framework and hope it never completely stops working (altho it may need an overhaul at this point lol). But can someone point me in the right direction for adding the PF critical/fumble cards to the diceroll? IE after the attack is made it automaticly shows it? been doing it manually but would like to add it to the autoroll

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

popanas wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:48 pm
I'm working with your framework for my campaign, but I have custom skills for the characters, anyway I can edit the skills? I have no experience in Maptool macroing and the only way thus far that I've found to change the skill names is to edit the XML directly, which is clearly a bad way of doing things.
Skills are some of the gnarlier bits of this framework. But if you wish to change some, I would start with the Edit Globals macro. In it will be a list of the skills that are referenced for the particular ruleset (D&D vs PF) you are using. With that you can tweak some skill information. BUT that references a couple of other Tables that have the rules description and other stuff. Also there are differing types of skills, some are subsets like Perform(wind).

It is designed to be flexible but horribly complicated lol.

Poe Black
Kobold

Post by Poe Black »

Allright, I found two bugs dealing with extra critical damage, and managed to fixed one.

The first one is that you can only add a roll to extra crit damage when you are editing weapons. adding 18 won't add the damage. but 18d1 will. I found this when I was trying to stat in the proper damage from the mythic power attack feat.

The second bug is that when you critically threaten, the extra crit damage is added to both the crit damage, and the non crit damage. I manage to fixed this and I figured I'll share the fixed macro. The macro this code is in is called libAttack.sub on the Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder token. (it's the second purple macro in the Combat group)

Attack with the glitch

Attack after fix

what I did was remove the DmgExtraCrit.total from line 306.

Code: Select all

[H: extraDamage = DmgExtra.total + DmgExtra2.total + sneak.total + vitalStrike.damage]
and added the value to line 309

[H, if(isThreat): critDamage.total = Damage.value + critDamage.value + (damageBonus * WpnCritMult) + crit.tempDMG.total + tempDMG.total + extraDamage + DmgExtraCrit.total; critDamage.total = 0]
doing this caused the damage to show up in the total damage, but not in the tooltip. in order for the tooltip to show properly I added these two lines of code at line 322.

[H: extraDamage=extraDamage+DmgExtraCrit.total]
[H, if(extraDamage): extraDamage.string = strformat(" + %{extraDamage}"); extraDamage.string = ""]
this fix works with the attackDialog, Attack(frame), and Mass Attack macros
Attachments
CritDmgMacroFix.mtmacro
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Poe Black
Kobold

Post by Poe Black »

This is Just a FYI. Since this hasn't really been updated in a while I'm currently working on a update for my group. Here is my plan and progress.

Fixed power attack miscalculation for off hand weapons - Done
Add in feats (and calculations) for Mythic power attack and deadly aim - Done
Add the option to add kenetic burn points to HP macro - Done
-show max burn on HP macro - Done
Add burn point options to base character editor - Done
- only shows burn option on HP change if the player selected it.
- min burn reset on rest
-add option to auto calculate Elemental overflow on weapons - Done (but does not automatically add in Ability bonus)
add the attack fix, Sheet Macro, and skill bug fix that Aliasmask posted below this post - Done

Show modifiers (but not dice roll) if the player selects GM eyes only. Show nothing to player of GM rolls it. - Done
Option for unchained Action Economy in edit global - Done
Update Bag of tricks - planned
Figure out a way to make it easier for GM to add in custom skills - no promises

I'll post the update for everyone when I'm done.

update - 8/9
Still need to update Attack(frame) and Mass attack for the unchained Action option,
Last edited by Poe Black on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Poe, thanks for the update. I made a small change to the extra crit damage. Basically, the last line was forgotten, so I added it.

<!-- Extra Critical Damage -->
[H: DmgExtraCrit.total = 0]
[H, if(! isManyshot && isThreat && isNumber(WpnDmgExtraCrit)), code: {
   [H, if(WpnDmgExtraCrit): critdamageTipOutput = json.append(critdamageTipOutput,json.set("{}","Extra Critical Damage",WpnDmgExtraCrit));""]
   [H: DmgExtraCrit.total = WpnDmgExtraCrit]
};{}]
Originally, it was just supposed to add to extra damage, but forgot to include if() for crit condition, but I like your solution better, so left it there.

<!-- DAMAGE RESULTS -->
[H: damageBonus = WpnDmgBonus.value + dmgStatB + paDMG + MiscDMG + favEnemy + pointBlank.value]
[H: extraDamage = DmgExtra.total + DmgExtra2.total + sneak.total + vitalStrike.damage]
[H: hasExtraDmgHeader = if(DmgExtra.total + DmgExtra2.total + sneak.total + vitalStrike.damage > 0,1,0)]
[H: damage.total = max(1,Damage.value + damageBonus + tempDMG.total + extraDamage)]
[H, if(isThreat): critDamage.total = Damage.value + critDamage.value + (damageBonus * WpnCritMult) + crit.tempDMG.total + tempDMG.total + extraDamage + DmgExtraCrit.total; critDamage.total = 0]
The line itemization worked fine for tooltip, so I appended value to the extra damage so it shows the correct math with the result.

[H, if(extraDamage): extraDamage.string = strformat(" + %{extraDamage}"); extraDamage.string = ""]
[H, if(DmgExtraCrit.total): extraDamage.string = extraDamage.string + " + " + DmgExtraCrit.total]
As with the other extra damage, multiple entries can be made using a list.. ie 10, 2d6 means there's extra damage of 10 and 2d6. Works for a single number or dice expression as well.

These changes have been applied only to "Compatible" version only.
Attachments
attack tooltip example.jpg
attack tooltip example.jpg (54.24 KiB) Viewed 18402 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I did make a stealth update to the "Compatible" version a lit bit ago. Here is that change.

Sheet Macro in campaign window forces token type. Just copied code from Edit Char which does the same thing. Some people forget to change the token type from Basic and get errors. This prevents that.

[H: ids = getSelected()]
[H: abort(if(ids == "", 0, 1))]

[H: tLib = "Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder" ]
[H: tokenType = getPropertyType(ids)]
[H: system = getLibProperty("system","Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[H, IF(system == "D&D3.5"): system = "DnD35"]
[H, IF("Basic" == tokenType): setPropertyType(system,ids)]

[H,MACRO("CharSheet@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): "Page=Main"]

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Fixed a longtime "bug" which is more like error checking for bad data in the skills. Now if you leave a skill mod blank it will put a 0 there. This prevents funky output on skill checks.

This change is made in charSkillCheck

[H: sizeList = table("SysVars", json.get(table("SysVars", 0), "sizeList"))]
[H: sizeID =  listFind(sizeList, getSize())]
[H: skSize =  json.get(json.get(tSkill, "sizemod"), sizeID)]
[H: skN = json.get(tSkill, "name")]

[H: skR = number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "rank"))]
[H: skRM = number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "racialmod"))]
[H: skFeat = number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "feats"))]
[H: skSyn = number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "synergy"))]
[H: skEq = number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "equip"))]
[H: skMisc = number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "misc"))]
[H, IF(json.contains(tSkill, "speedmod")): skSpd =  number(0 + json.get(tSkill, "speedmod")); skSpd = 0]

[H: skDesc = json.get(tSkill, "desc")]
I moved skSize lines up from bottom so they are grouped with other skill mods. Doing the number(0 + var) trick saves me from having to check for blanks.

All these updates will be applied to "Compatible" version after I finish these posts. The GM Notes of Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder now shows the last update date on token, 8-7-2020.

Poe Black
Kobold

Post by Poe Black »

Ok Here's my update. I did not update Bag of tricks as I wanted to publish these updates and did not know if updating BoT would break things, but it looks like a simple replace the token to update. I also haven't looked to see what is needed to be done to add custom Skills.

Feel free to let me know if you find any errors or have suggestions for new features to add. (I'm also assuming no one minds me updating this macro-set)

Updated 8/19/2020 (1.7.0V2)
Download

Given that I've changed both the Global Macros and added new properties, The best way to update your campaigns is to export the campaign maps from your old campaign into a new campaign with this macro-set.

New Features
Added in Mythic Power attack and deadly Aim,
  • these feats will apply their bonuses when you Power attack/deadly aim.
  • toggle them in the Feats tab when you edit your character.
Added Kineticist options.
  • selecting allow burn will show a input in the HP change macro to input how much burn you have. it also shows a check box to automatically apply elemental overflow to a weapon. This checkbox shows up when you edit your weapons. I do not have a way to automatically change your ability scores from elemental overflow. I want to add this in at a later date.
Added unchained attack options
  • Selecting Use "Unchained Action Economy for attacks?" in the global options will change the attack macros from "single, full round" to "one, two, three" attacks.
  • extra attacks (haste, rapid shot) will always be shown since the rules state "When under the effects of haste, you gain 1 additional act each round, -which can be used only to take an attack simple action." I could not find rules on rapid shot but decided to treat it like two weapon fighting where you get two attacks on your first attack option.
  • Vital strike will still be treated as one attack.
Added a new "simple toggle ability" macro that allows options to change the macro button depending on the ability state

Added a few macros I made for this macro set for tokens that can be found on the libraries map.
note - these macros need to be edited to work properly similar to the "simple toggle ability" macro
  • macros to keep up with class currencies (and other abilities) based upon the Action point macro
  • a toggle unchained rage macro that calculates the temp hp for unchained barbarians. (note you need to also make a item to use it.)
  • a macro to apply weapon mods from the Magus Arcane Pool class feature
Fixes, including aliasmask's fixes
  • Offhand power attack is calculated correctly
  • "not in use" weapon's power attack is based upon a one handed weapon instead of a offhand weapon. My group uses this if they need a single attack macro for abilities that give additional attacks.
  • extra crit damage is not applied to base damage if the weapon crits
  • extra crit damage accepts static values and can add more then one value with a coma
  • Fixed a bug where skills won't roll properly if you leave a skill mod blank
  • Character sheet macro changes the token properties if token properties were basic
  • changed the reloadSheet library macro to reload the sheet only if the window is open (would reload if sheet is open or character is PC, my group don't usually keep their sheets open in retools and this caused a lot of minor annoyances. )

elements changed

Token Properties added
"BurnPoints" added to the pathfinder properties
"Unchained" added to the Global properties

Campaign macros changed
HP Change
Sheet
Skill Check
StatCheck
Sample Toggle a Mod V2 - New

Tables update
SysSetup - updated in V2

Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder macros changed (may of missed one or two, sorry)

HPChange
LibRest
subResetDaily

(CharacterSheet)
editMain
editWeapons
charSkillCheck
reloadSheet

(Combat)
Attack
AttackMass
LibAttack
libAttack.sub

(CombatDialog)
attackFrame
tblAttackBasic
tblAttackBasicUnchained - note: new macro
tblCTargetInfo
processAttack

(Global Variables)
buildGEDialog
EditGlobals
updateGlobals

(Utility)
udfGetWeaponset
subSkillCheck
pRage - V2 update
tMRage - V2 update
subClearAllMods - V2 update
pElementalOverflow - new

Updates added 8/19/2020
Furious Focus Feat
Add force decay and single attack to unchain attack options
Unchained Rage
Ability score bonus from Elemental Overflow
Fix Attack frame not working unless it's unchained attacks
Note - This update changes the Table "SysSetup"

neofax75
Kobold

Post by neofax75 »

How can I change my Initiative modifier to add a trait bonus? Reactionary provides me with a +2 trait bonus to initiative, but for some reason I don't know how to add it.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I would add it as an item. I think there's an edit items button.

neofax75
Kobold

Post by neofax75 »

I am getting a error when trying to change my feats on a token:
Argument number 1 to function "getStrProp()" must be type "String", but was passed "{"id":"43323D582496412C8E85077BBAEDC2E5","page":"Main","tmap":"Random_PF_Critters"}" of type "JsonObject".
Error trace : editFeats@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< subOtherMapMacro@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< macroLink
I get a similar error when trying to update a weapon:
Argument number 1 to function "getStrProp()" must be type "String", but was passed "[1,"B5905EED4E1343738A41C759C8EAFD62"]" of type "JsonArray".
Error trace : editWeapon@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< subOtherMapMacro@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< macroLink

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Going to need more info. I opened a brand new campaign MT1.3.91.08.01_DnD35_Pathfinder Compatible.cmpgn selected a pregen character on libraries map for pathfinder, clicked Edit Char and selected Feats and Weapons and neither gave me an error.

edit: For example, you can provide the problem token in question. You can also go through each step before you get the error. Let us know which MapTool version you're using as well as the Framework. There are 2 campaigns to download where the "Compatible" version is for MT version 1.5 and later.

neofax75
Kobold

Post by neofax75 »

I am using MT 1.8b2 with the FW that is provided by Poe Black a couple posts up from this one. I have a token selected and try to select the diamond next to Feats on the charsheet(F10) for that token. The other was clicking on the weapon on the weapons tab to edit it I get the error as well.

Crusufix
Kobold

Post by Crusufix »

Hello,

Just wanted to note. I'm getting this same error using Maptool 1.8.3 as well.

Harrin: Weapon #0:   DmgBonus= 2 (1) 
Argument number 1 to function "getStrProp()" must be type "String", but was passed "[0,"8E4FBF813B27491EBEDD38F6667DC578"]" of type "JsonArray".
Error trace : editWeapon@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< subOtherMapMacro@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< macroLink
This is when trying to edit a weapon via the character sheet -> Weapon Tab -> Click the Diamond. The change I'm making does seem to go through, but this error pops up in the chat window. I get the same error when editing one of the pregen PC tokens on the Library map as well.

Pathfinder Monk LVL 6: Weapon #2:   DmgBonus= 0 (1) 
Argument number 1 to function "getStrProp()" must be type "String", but was passed "[2,"0000000017A360BF4917000000000000"]" of type "JsonArray".
Error trace : editWeapon@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< editWeapons@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< subOtherMapMacro@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< macroLink
Doing some testing shows that the error occurs when editing a weapon via the Edit Character Macro as well.

Pathfinder Monk LVL 6: Weapon #2:   DmgBonus= 2 (0) 
Argument number 1 to function "getStrProp()" must be type "String", but was passed "[2,"0000000017A360BF4917000000000000"]" of type "JsonArray".
Error trace : editWeapon@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< editWeapons@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder <<< Edit Char@campaign

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”