Howto post Images, Links, etc.

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

morval
Cave Troll

Re: Howto post Images, Links, etc.

Post by morval »

Mr.Ice wrote: Then right-click the image and in firefox choose 'Copy Image Location'.

Paste it into a post surrounded by the img tags (easiest way to do this is to click the 'Img' button, paste the url, then click the 'Img' button again.

I know the answer, get Firefox, but I'm going to ask it anyways. :) Is there a way to do it in IE?

morval

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

Right click on the image, go to properties, in the properties window is a url. That's the address you need.

Alternatively, if it is just things out of the rptools gallery then you can usually just go the address of the whole page, strip the .html off the end to get a url ending in your image type and use that in the image link.

Geroblue
Cave Troll

Post by Geroblue »

I've added 4 generic villages, a continent with islands, and a city state and the villages surrounding it. I added sizes in miles and kilometers to the continent and city state map.

Tried to edit... The Grey fields on the Burlan City state map is an ancient battle ground.

All are pngs.

I used the username of Jim, then I noticed several people with similar names. Would it be possible to change that name to Geroblue ?

And if anyone would like the continent and Burlan to be a larger map, just ask and I'll see what I can do. I'll export a larger size from the original campaign cartographer maps as i am the person who made them.
'thru the thorns to the stars' One version of a phrase from the 'Ghost in the Shell' Anime.

My Crestar site has over a thousand free maps of various sizes; continents, islands, nations, cities, towns, villages, inns, peoples, some mysteries, and several adventures from the short to the many hundreds of rooms types. Menus fixed June 8, 2012.

My Starship Wanderer site. Only a few maps.

Geroblue
Cave Troll

Post by Geroblue »

I renamed the villages to have numbers instead of letters. And added 6 castles and several towns.
'thru the thorns to the stars' One version of a phrase from the 'Ghost in the Shell' Anime.

My Crestar site has over a thousand free maps of various sizes; continents, islands, nations, cities, towns, villages, inns, peoples, some mysteries, and several adventures from the short to the many hundreds of rooms types. Menus fixed June 8, 2012.

My Starship Wanderer site. Only a few maps.

JimGreen
Kobold

Post by JimGreen »

Geroblue wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 am
I renamed the villages to have numbers instead of letters. And added 6 castles and several towns.
The Starship Wanderer site no longer exists. The files, maps, etc. are now at: https://travellergame.drivein-jim.net/

Apparently I forgot I had an account here previously, I think that old email address is gone.
Jim
my at least a thousand free maps:
https://crestofastar.drivein-jim.net/
an Atlas of a game planet, multiple mappers. free maps. Different cultures.
https://atlas.monsen.cc/search

Return to “User Creations”