Token Size

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests, Bug Reports, Developing code for...

Moderators: Azhrei, dorpond, trevor

Forum rules
PLEASE don't post images of your entire desktop, attach entire campaign files when only a single file is needed, or generally act in some other anti-social behavior. :)
Darelius
Cave Troll

Token Size

Post by Darelius »

Hello, i have a small probllem with Token sizes.

First, especially for DnD, i need sizes 1x2 spaces, how do i make this?
For example, a horse with 1x2 size and a wagon wirth 2x4 size or something like that.

Second, i want define additional size categories (larger then colossal) but how?

Is there any possibility?

...DX

Phergus
Deity

Re: Token Size

Post by Phergus »

Darelius wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:35 am
First, especially for DnD, i need sizes 1x2 spaces, how do i make this? For example, a horse with 1x2 size
Easiest way is to drop a top-down horse figure on the map then go into the Config panel of Edit Token and zoom in on the Layout panel to get the size right. Then drag it so that the front half of the horse is in the square.
Darelius wrote:
...and a wagon wirth 2x4 size or something like that.
Drop a wagon image on the Object layer. Use shift-drag on the sizing handle to keep the aspect ratio constant and make it the size you want. Then move it to the Token layer.
Darelius wrote:
Second, i want define additional size categories (larger then colossal) but how?
You can't. You can use the Object layer technique to resize them as big as you like.

Darelius
Cave Troll

Re: Token Size

Post by Darelius »

Phergus wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 pm
Darelius wrote:
First, especially for DnD, i need sizes 1x2 spaces, how do i make this? For example, a horse with 1x2 size
Easiest way is to drop a top-down horse figure on the map then go into the Config panel of Edit Token and zoom in on the Layout panel to get the size right. Then drag it so that the front half of the horse is in the square.
Darelius wrote:
...and a wagon wirth 2x4 size or something like that.
Drop a wagon image on the Object layer. Use shift-drag on the sizing handle to keep the aspect ratio constant and make it the size you want. Then move it to the Token layer.
Ergh - after some tries oi found a "bad" solution.
Example: Horse (2x1)
The Token has a Size 2x1 and from the "visible Space" it takes 2 squares.
Technically its still one square...
And when you select it, it seems to have 2x2 square (half more to top, half more down).
It "works" but its really awful, so thanks first ;)

Phergus wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:10 pm
Darelius wrote:
You can't. You can use the Object layer technique to resize them as big as you like.
Very sad :(

...DX

Return to “MapTool”