Joe's Ugly Hacks 'Drop-in' macro libraries - Feature Requests/Changes

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

JoeDuncan
Giant

Re: Joe's Ugly Hacks 'Drop-in' macro libraries - Event suggestions for v0.2a?

Post by JoeDuncan »

aliasmask wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 pm
Is there a right click option or double click option?
Not yet, but they're trivial to add. Consider it done.
aliasmask wrote:
I know I've done onTokenSelect, onTokenDeSelect and onTokenReSelect (like a double click, but slower).
I can implement just about any event you like, but doesn't Maptool already have "onChangeSelection"? All of the above can be done with that event, and I don't want to duplicate work unnecessarily.
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

JoeDuncan wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:16 pm
aliasmask wrote:
I know I've done onTokenSelect, onTokenDeSelect and onTokenReSelect (like a double click, but slower).
I can implement just about any event you like, but doesn't Maptool already have "onChangeSelection"? All of the above can be done with that event, and I don't want to duplicate work unnecessarily.
Right, that's how I implemented it. I saved the tokens selected last and then determine select, deselect and reselect from there.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

aliasmask wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:35 pm
Right, that's how I implemented it. I saved the tokens selected last and then determine select, deselect and reselect from there.
Apologies, I misunderstood, I thought it was a request!

The right-click and double-click are already done, and will be in the second alpha.
"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Get 'em while their hot! Guaranteed ugliest hacks around or your money back!"

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

JUH v0.2a update
------------------------

As of now I have completed the event management system, so you will be able to create your own custom arbitrary events, as well as having the following events supported "out of the box":

(global)
-onChangeMap
-onChangeImpersonation
-onChangePlayers
-onZoomStart
-onZoomEnd
-onMouseClick
-onMouseRightClick
-onMouseDoubleClick
-onMouseDown
-onMouseUp
-onMouseOver
-onMouseOut
-onMouseMove

(by token)
-onChangeOwner
-onChangeState
-onChangeFacing
-onChangeFacingStart
-onChangeFacingEnd
-onObjectClicked
-onTokenClicked
-onTokenSeen

All I have left to implement is process threading (half-done actually) and the animated lighting system (easiest, so I left it for last) which I should be able to get done today, and then spend tomorrow whipping up a demo and some docs!

Stay tuned!

"Joe's Ugly Hacks - Ugly as sin, but does what it says on the tin!"

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

That's great Joe. Thanks for all the work. Hopefully, threading won't be an issue.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

RPTroll wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:43 pm
Hopefully, threading won't be an issue.
It's pretty efficient from what I can tell so far. Since it's all run with timers, there's virtually no cpu usage except during the callbacks, and since I'm splitting them on threads and using tail deferred calls, it actually seems to be easier on the garbage collector than having one thread process everything.

With JUH v0.1a, it was pretty easy to make 1 CPU pin to 100% with just a few animations, with the upcoming threading modifications to "lib:timer", you can run at least twice as many animations much more smoothly (no conflict stutter) for the same overall CPU cost, but spread out across available CPUs instead of pinning a single one. And as I said above, having more threads and stacks seems to make the garbage collector more efficient than having a bunch of long running stuff all using the same thread and stack space.

In the end I anticipate an order of magnitude increase in animation performance, for an equivalent resource cost.

By the beta, it will all be set with configurable thread pool sizes, so the end user will be able to set reasonable caps on thread usage themselves.

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

wolph42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:03 am
is there a usable version ready yet, I want to experiment with the onchangemap event
Happy to hear it! I'm a bit behind today though (had a massive headache last night, didn't get much sleep and slept in), so the full release probably won't be until near midnight :(

...but all I have left to finish is the animated lighting management, a bit of cleanup and some demo stuff. The event layer is essentially finished (except for
auto registration of token events). I'll split off a pre-release of lib:timer and lib:events for you, and give you a one-off before I finish the rest. Gonna be a couple of hours though (like 4 or 5 EST?) gotta take care of laundry and other chores first

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

Almost there! :D

"Wolph42 JUH v0.2a Timer&Events Pre-Release - a Joe's Dirty One-off's production" drops in 30...

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

wolph42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:03 am
is there a usuable version ready yet, I want to experiment with the onchangemap event
Here you go, custom one-off pre-release just for you! ;)

Sadly, I'm feeling pretty beat today, so I'm going to take it a bit slow and postpone alpha 2 until tomorrow night :(

Apologies to anyone else waiting to play with new features, headache *killed* me last night and now I am dead!

Hopefully the pre-releases will tide you over until tomorrow!
Attachments
Wolph42-events-JUHv0.2a_prerelease.cmpgn
(147.3 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thnx. I already started working on it and I might have an alternative solution for when the BoT is used. For standalone its still usefull. curious what it looks like.

Get well Soon!

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

wolph42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 pm
... I might have an alternative solution for when the BoT is used
No reason they can't play nice together, even SoundPads and AmbientAudio should theoretically work side by side!

Let me know if I'm stepping on your toes though - I'd rather BoT and JUH *not* conflict with each other!
wolph42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 pm
Get well Soon!
Thx, I'm dying to code, but SO exhausted from lack of sleep! :S

later

JoeDuncan
Giant

Post by JoeDuncan »

wolph42 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:54 pm
well, it works! thats alway nice. One q though, you have two frames open which takes up real estate. Can you move those frames to an overlay?
I could, and that's an option to explore for the beta when I have the larger overlay<->map interaction module built, not sure I want to build an entire overlay UI widget library for the controls though.

In the meantime, it's pretty simple to pin them if they're taking up space. You don't need them maximized unless you need to use the controls, they work just fine pinned.

Return to “User Creations”