Dice Images: Multi-Color Polyhedrons

Show off your RPG maps, campaigns, and tokens. Share your gaming experiences and stories under General Discussion and save this forum for things you've created that may help others run their own games. Use the subforums when appropriate.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, Gamerdude

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Dice Images: Multi-Color Polyhedrons

Post by aliasmask »

Time for me to upgrade my image editor after using it for like 20 years because it doesn't recognize webp file formats ;)

gunnarskeep
Kobold

Post by gunnarskeep »

aliasmask wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:00 pm
Time for me to upgrade my image editor after using it for like 20 years because it doesn't recognize webp file formats ;)

I can provide .png files as well. Just say the word.

These images actually begin life as .png when I export them from Keyshot. I then use GIMP in console mode to batch process the conversion to .webp. GIMP is great and it's free!
Last edited by gunnarskeep on Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yep, I usually use Paintshop Pro, but I use Gimp for other stuff. I could also just batch process it from webp to png with Gimp. I just don't like the Gimp UI and how it does some things to use it full time.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

gunnarskeep wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:37 pm
I will start on a metallic turquoise render next, and then maybe a green. I wrote some scripts to automate a lot of this, so it takes far less of my time to create a new set, which is very helpful.
I was hoping you were able to set up some scripts to ease the process!
Thank you for all the great suggestions! These have really improved over what I originally submitted. Let me know how this new version works out for you.
Looks good and I have already updated my tables. :)

FYI, if you want to create some "classic" dice sets to go along with your sharp edge offerings, here are some nice round edge models you could play around with: https://blendswap.com/blend/16634

They look pretty flexible.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

gunnarskeep wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:26 pm
aliasmask wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:00 pm

I can provide .png files as well. Just say the word.

These images actually begin life as .png when I export them from Keyshot. I then use GIMP in console mode to batch process the conversion to .webp. GIMP is great and it's free!
I don't know how large of an "ask" this would be so please, feel free to discard my request :).

Would it be possible to take each die, on a slight rotation, heavily blurred, without shadow, creating 5 images (35 images in total) of the red die set for example?
The request comes from a future project I'd like to attempt using overlays. My best example would be a google-foo on "png dice sprite sheets"

gunnarskeep
Kobold

Post by gunnarskeep »

More dice images for your enjoyment.

Green Dice Images:

Dice Images - Metallic Green.zip
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Spoiler
Dice Images - Green.png
Dice Images - Green.png (498.92 KiB) Viewed 3367 times

Plum Dice Images:

Dice Images - Metallic Plum.zip
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
Spoiler
Dice Images - Plum.png
Dice Images - Plum.png (531.24 KiB) Viewed 3367 times

Turquoise Dice Images:

Dice Images - Metallic Turquoise.zip
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Spoiler
Dice Images - Turquoise.png
Dice Images - Turquoise.png (559.5 KiB) Viewed 3367 times

and lastly, some white dice.

White Dice Images with No Shadow:

Dice Images - Plain White (No Shadow).zip
(1.55 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
Spoiler
Dice Images - White.png
Dice Images - White.png (440.29 KiB) Viewed 3367 times

The last set of dice (the white with no shadows) did not turn out all that great in my opinion, and there seems to be a weird tint that is occurring on all but the d4's and d20's. But this is to satisfy a request to offer these up so that someone might take them and apply an overlay. Not sure how successful that is going to be, but here they are.

On the topic of requests, I can easily implement color requests, and I do plan on creating some clear and translucent sets, and then try my hand at applying some textures. The options are limitless. I think some sparkly, spotted, or swirled patterns dice would be neat, and even a camouflage set might be cool.

I'll keep adding sets as I am able. Other requests (like making blurred images for animations and producing sprite sheets) is more than I want to take on right now (sorry, Jmr3366). Although, you might be able to take the sample image sheets that I've uploaded and do something with those. They are .png images with transparent backgrounds.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Thanks for sharing the new sets.

Some bad news though... I did just notice that all of the d4's are missing shadows... up-side is that it's just the d4's! ;)
gunnarskeep wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:36 pm
The last set of dice (the white with no shadows) did not turn out all that great in my opinion, and there seems to be a weird tint that is occurring on all but the d4's and d20's. But this is to satisfy a request to offer these up so that someone might take them and apply an overlay. Not sure how successful that is going to be, but here they are.
Thanks. Will play around with these later tonight and see how they turn out.
On the topic of requests, I can easily implement color requests, and I do plan on creating some clear and translucent sets, and then try my hand at applying some textures. The options are limitless. I think some sparkly, spotted, or swirled patterns dice would be neat, and even a camouflage set might be cool.
Looking forward to seeing some more exotic sets.

Speaking of which, have you had a chance to look at the rounded dice model I shared above?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

gunnarskeep wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:36 pm
I'll keep adding sets as I am able. Other requests (like making blurred images for animations and producing sprite sheets) is more than I want to take on right now (sorry, Jmr3366). Although, you might be able to take the sample image sheets that I've uploaded and do something with those. They are .png images with transparent backgrounds.
Asking never hurts (I hope).

Thanks for sets!!

I did a sprite sheet for red d4 :)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al6_vh5ZO29wgWYOLpf ... D?e=oaK9Xy
Last edited by Jmr3366 on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jmr3366 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:19 pm
Or last but least, one set (like red) without shadows (I can gimp up the other colors from red but the shadow effects I can't easily remove).
Did you see the white, no shadow set?

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

Full Bleed wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:29 pm
Jmr3366 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:19 pm
Or last but least, one set (like red) without shadows (I can gimp up the other colors from red but the shadow effects I can't easily remove).
Did you see the white, no shadow set?
Dude, even he said white is bleh (i'll check them out but white is like black, not really a color)
edit
I'm removing the shadow

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jmr3366 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:05 pm
Dude, even he said white is bleh (i'll check them out but white is like black, not really a color)
That was the point. White is a blank slate that can be modified in gimp to be any color. If you're going to be just blurring out the images to create "motion frames" and you don't need shadows.

But, actually, if you just needed to create a few images without shadows using existing dice images you can use the white dice to do it. Just drop the white dice on an existing die, select the inverse of the image, and cut. You can put together a few masks if you want to speed up the process.

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

I'm having better luck removing the shadows from the existing colored die.

Did you already put all these die in a table?, that would save a chunk of time :p (@Fullbleed)
Or is there a "tool" or some other-than-manual-way you can run these sets through to carve out the 100px, 100px?

Jmr3366
Cave Troll

Post by Jmr3366 »

Full Bleed wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:41 pm
So here is what I've built for my framework so far:

1) I can drop an entire set of dice images on a map, select them, and then I'm prompted for a Set Name. They are then added to the proper dice image table and the image table index is updated so it knows what color dice sets are in the table.
2) Players can choose a personal "Dice Set" from their character sheets (I built this into my Dice Karma system.)
3) And I have a function to lookup a player's dice set selection, and then use it for dice image displays in various places (getDiceImage()). I've only run my tests on my Saving Throw macros at this point but it's working great.
Full Bleed, I think this "maybe" was I just posted above. Is this an automated way to take these great dice images and "quickly" get them into a table? Is that something you'd be will to share :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Jmr3366 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:00 am
Full Bleed, I think this "maybe" was I just posted above. Is this an automated way to take these great dice images and "quickly" get them into a table? Is that something you'd be will to share :)
Sure. It uses a typical table data storage method that I use in my framework, but I'm sure you can adapt it to your own.

1) Start with MT's default dice tables and set the 0 field in each table to be "default".
2) Select all of a particular die's images (i.e. all 20 d20's) and drag and drop them on a map. So you will then have separate stacks of all of the different dice images.
3) Select an entire stack and run the macro on it. It can take a few seconds to load all the images into the table and update the index.

Code: Select all

[h: diceImages = getSelectedNames("json")]

[h: imageCount = json.length(diceImages)]

[h: diceImages = json.sort(diceImages)]

[h: validDiceSets = "4,6,8,10,12,20"]

[h: validSet = if(listContains(validDiceSets, imageCount) == 1, 1, 0)]

[h: assert(validSet, "There is an incorrect number of images to fill a new dice set.")]

[h: status=input(
	"notice|<html><b>d"+imageCount+"</b> Images Ready to be Added to Table.<br><br></html>|-|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE",
	"diceColorName|0|Dice Color Name"
	)
]
[h: abort(status)]

[h: diceTable = "d"+imageCount]

[h: diceIndex = table(diceTable, 0)]

[h: diceSetsCount = listcount(diceIndex)] 

[h: diceType = imageCount]

[h, if(listContains(diceIndex, diceColorName) == 1), CODE:
	{
		[h: diceColorIndex = listFind(diceIndex, diceColorName)]
		[h: diceImageEntries = diceColorIndex*diceType]
		[h: newRoll = diceImageEntries+1]

[h, FOREACH (image, diceImages), CODE:
			{
				[h: tokenimage = getTokenImage("", findToken(image))]
				[h: setTableEntry(diceTable, newRoll, "", tokenImage)]
				[h: newRoll = newRoll + 1]
			}
		]

[h: broadcast("<b>" + diceColorName + " <i>" + diceTable + "</i></b> dice images <b>UPDATED</b>.")]						
	};
	{
		[h: diceImageEntries = diceSetsCount * diceType]

[h: newRoll = diceImageEntries+1]	

[h, FOREACH (image, diceImages), CODE:
			{
				[h: tokenimage = getTokenImage("", findToken(image))]
				[h: addTableEntry(diceTable, newRoll, newRoll, newRoll, tokenImage)]
				[h: newRoll = newRoll + 1]
			}
		]

[h: diceIndex = listAppend(diceIndex, diceColorName)]

[h: setTableEntry(diceTable, 0, diceIndex)]	

[h: broadcast("<b>" + diceColorName + " <i>" + diceTable + "</i></b> dice images added to table.")]		
	}
]
Notes:

1) I don't use the d100 images (and there is no default d100 image table). So you'll have to add that table and add a separate check when 10 images are selected. Code is currently setup to assume that 10 selected images are a set of d10's.
2) Assumes that there are die image tables for each die named (d4, d6, etc.) I think that's what the default MT tables are named... but it's been a long time since I imported them.

I add sets to my campaign in a couple minutes with this.

Return to “User Creations”