pre-existing macro Modify a JSON tree within maptool

Discuss macro implementations, ask for macro help (to share your creations, see User Creations, probably either Campaign Frameworks or Drop-in Resources).

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, jay, Mr.Ice

Shadow Wizard
Giant

pre-existing macro Modify a JSON tree within maptool

Post by Shadow Wizard »

I thought I would ask if anyone knew of one before I started to build it.
Basically, I am getting ready to build an inventory system (If there is a decent inventory system addon, please feel free to mention it) and am planning on using JSON arrays to represent this as it seems to be the best option (I am new to JSON).
It seems as though it will very easily permit me to do things such as place a belt pouch containing money in a sack that also contains things, and then place that sack into a backpack for example, that also contains things..
Anyway, to the point. In order to do this I will need to constantly read/edit/change JSON arrays. And although I think I am comfortable enough to do that on my own now, if there is already something out there built for that, it doesn't make sense to write one I can use.
Thanks in advance.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: pre-existing macro Modify a JSON tree within maptool

Post by aliasmask »

There's Plo's Inventory Manager in the forums. There was someone who used his base code but added images for all the items that looked pretty cool. Not sure about some of the more current frameworks. They may have some good stuff to steal.

Shadow Wizard
Giant

Re: pre-existing macro Modify a JSON tree within maptool

Post by Shadow Wizard »

Thanks, it looks VERY promising. I have played around with it a lot. Will need a tiny bit of modification I don't know if it can do (Hence my other post) but it just might work!)

Return to “Macros”